14. Rogues Anonymous

A/N: I know this chapter is very short but I wanted to keep as one chapter. I haven't been updating as frequently because GCSE coursework has finally caught up on me... And I'm really into Sims now. Don't worry it's only a faze. It'll last for another week or so and I'll be back to normal. Anyway, I hope my lack of compassion in my last author's note didn't put you off!

 Vote! Comment! Or even fan, you know, I'll fan ya back.

.

 I drove in a numb rage. My hands were shaking as I pressed hard on the gas down.

 39 mph.

 I closed my eyes and took in deep breaths. I opened them and I felt a longing to be back there. Back there with Josh.

 47 mph.

 I couldn't believe I just left him. I just drove away. This is what I wanted right? Then why didn't I feel happy?

 You know the answer to that. My Wolf just told me. She sounded drained from emotions and just spoke in monotone. I swallowed

 63 mph.

 I closed my eyes, feeling a headache coming on. It had been a while since my Wolf had spoken. She had grown more reserved since Josh. It was almost as if she had given up her post as my guide and just sat back and watched.

 69 mph.

 I pressed down on the gas pedal and just kept staring ahead. I didn't want to think anymore.

 73 mph.

 Josh's face appeared before me and I blinked him away. I was not going back there.

 79 mph.

 I couldn't crawl back there. I had made my decision, as rash as it was. If Josh and I were to be...together, then we'll be on our own.

 82 mph.

 I didn't want to be apart of a pack. I didn't want to be Luna. He told me we would sort it out. I did.

 91 mph.

 I wiped away the tears and told myself not to cry. This was my decision and I wouldn't regret it.

 102 mph.

 I felt like my entire self was being teared away and I was just there. Not completely there either. I sniffed. Stop crying!

 124 mph.

 What happened to no regrets?! I shook my head and stared at the road. Suddenly an animal ran out onto the road. Swerving off and my body flung through the windshield. I whacked my head against a tree and I blacked out...

-

 "It's your average speeding accidents," a male voice echoed in my ear. I felt my whole body cracking and aching from fixing itself up.

 "Do you think she'll live?" I heard. There was the sounds of sirens and movement around me. I blinked against the bright lights.

 "Nah, she was probably going over a hundred. Ain't a possibility-"

 "No, I think she's alive!

 I groaned and wrinkled my eyes. Blood filled my nose and it reminded me so much of my past.

 Is this how we die? My Wolf asked.

 I know, I thought, so lame.

-

 There was the soft beat in my ears. I blinked against the white light and pulled myself up. I groaned as my sore muscels contracted. I felt a tug on my arms and proceeded to rip out the wires and such which was piercing my skin. Bloods slipped from my arms and I watched as it stained the hospital sheets.

 There was only the view of another part of the building outside the window. No gives on where I was. I wasn't familiar with any of the hospitals in the area.

 I swung my stiff legs over the bed and shook as I wobbled over to the cupboard. There was only the clothes they hadn't cut up to save me, my shoes. They were stained with my blood and the dirt from the road.

 I blinked to get hold of my senses. The smell of bleach filled my nostrils and I blinked away tears from the stench.

 "Ah, so you're awake," I jumped as a werewolf stepped in, all dressed up as a doctor. He flashed me a grin and said, "You gave the surgeons a scare at the rate you were recovering. Luckily I had put an end to their troubles."

 I could see the sharp fangs behind his thin lips. He ruffled his hair and picked up the board from my cot. He murmured to himself and I wondered how I didn't hear him approach me.

 "Where am I?" I asked.

 "Idaho Falls hospital," he answered smoothly as he adjusted his slim glasses. "So what pack you from?" He asked.

 "None," I answered. I wondered what a werewolf was doing as a doctor. Werewolves didn't really work in the human world. He must be a rogue.

 "Ah, a rogue like me," he flashed me another grin and I swallowed.

 I walked over to my bed and asked, "When can I get out of here?" I was starting to grow sick of asking questions. I hated being out of the loop.

 "Any time."

 "Oh. Okay." I gave a small smile as I fished out my shoes.

 "I can bring you some spares and you can get on your way," I nodded as I dropped the shoes onto the floor and propped myself up onto the bed. He left the room and I had no choice but to sit and wait.

 It was a while before the were came back. In the time I had checked my body for injuries. There was no evidence that I had been apart of a car-

 My car! I had no way of transport! I swore loudly and scrunched up my face in anger.

 The door opened and were stepped in with some clothes. I took them greedily and just slipped them on under my hospital gown. The trackies were a bit big but they would do. "Do you what happened to my car?"

 "Broken beyond repair," he answered with a friendly voice. I frowned at his happy tone.

 "Damn it."

 "You know, there's a group for people like us," he randomly told me. He reached into his shirt pocket and passed me a folded up orange paper.

 I unfolded it and read, 'Rogues Anonymous,' in big letters. I looked up and was about to ask if he was actually kidding me but he said, "It'll help you. It's kind of group counseling but it would help you with temporary housing. You just have to be a committed member."

 I wrinkled my nose. I really didn't like to hear that I needed counseling but if it meant I had a place to stay for free, well so be it. It wouldn't hurt to go... I read from the sheet, to go every Monday and Thursday.

 "I'll take you there after work," I assumed it was either a Monday or Thursday then. I thanked him and jumped onto the cot. Well I guess I just had to wait then.