Battle on the Bridge. Zabuza Returns!

Our feet stepped perfectly in time with one another, crushing the dying grass beneath us.  Sunlight glistened through the tree branches and an occasional gust of cool air came from in front of us.  Small brown birds chirped happily while pecking at the ground.  “It’s so nice out,” I pondered aloud.  

      “Yeah,” Sasuke replied from my right.  Short responses usually drove me up a wall, but with Sasuke it almost seemed like not much needed to be said.  It was just a comfortable silence.

       I let out a sigh of contempt and placed my hands on the back of my neck when I heard the sound of footsteps coming from in front of us.  I also sensed a very strong chakra attached to those footsteps.  “Sasuke,” I muttered quietly still keeping pace with him and staring straight ahead.

      “Hmm?” he casually hummed, not even glancing at me.

      “Be ready, someone’s coming.  And that someone has a strong chakra.”  I stuck my hands in my black shorts pocket, clenching on to a throwing star.

       I began to see a figure walking slowly down the path Sasuke and I were on.  It was a tall, slender framed woman with long black hair hanging loosely down around her shoulders, pale skin that challenged the color of snow, and large, dark-brown deer eyes.  She wore a beautiful  pink, sleeveless kimono, with pale red edges and was decorated with small plum-colored swirls, that went to her ankles. Around her waist was a simple white obi tied in a bow, and on her feet were a pair of light brown sandals with dark straps.  A dark choker necklace was tied onto her delicate neck.  She was beautiful.

       I suddenly felt outrageously inadequate.  I didn’t even brush my hair this morning.  I looked down at my crimson red sleeveless shirt and black shorts that might be a little too short and immediately felt even more underdressed.

       I snuck a peek at Sasuke only to see him staring dead at the girl.  He definitely noticed her.  My little green monster flared up and I felt my face getting hot.  I threw my nose in the air with a humphWho the hell walks through the woods all cute, especially at this hour in the morning?

      The distance was soon closed between us and the girl passed Sasuke and me, not saying a single word.  I looked over at Sasuke, somewhat satisfied that he hadn’t said anything to her, only to see him looking at her over his shoulder.

        I balled up my fists, ready to hit the shit out of him until I heard a grumble from in front of us.  All of my anger disappeared when I saw Naruto sitting cross-legged and frustrated in the plush grass beneath a tree.  “Naruto!” I sighed with relief.  He might’ve been covered with dirt, but at least he wasn’t dead. 

       “Woah,” Naruto grumbled before crossing his arms tightly in front of him, “I’ve seen a lot of weird things in my life, but this one takes the cake!”

       I looked back to the trail Sasuke and I had just come from, the one where we passed the woman.  Had she talked to Naruto?

       I turned back to see Sasuke punch Naruto’s head, which Naruto immediately started going off about, “Hey Twerp, did you just forget about breakfast?  You’re such a loser.”