Zabuza vs Red (part one)

AUTHORS NOTE: Well, funny story... I guess some of y'all are still reading this and I suck at updating so I'm just going to post what I have now and post the rest of this chapter when I finish it (if any of you remember, this is a looonnnggggg part of the anime.)  Also please don't give me any crap for the way I put this part together, there's a lot of parts in this battle that I feel should be included. Okay? Okay. Sorry updating has taken forever... But again, for those of you who are still reading this, I want to give you what I have so far.

~

       Zabuza’s appearance hadn’t changed the slightest, except for the new look of craze in his dark brown eyes.

         “Guess I was right,” I smirked.  “The tracker ninja is just a comrade of Zabuza’s.  I am right, aren’t I, Haku?”

       I could feel the ninja’s eyes bearing into and assessing me through the slanted holes in the mask.  I immediately recognized the chakra from someplace other than the fight with Zabuza, and then it hit me who the person could only be.  I felt laughter begin to bubble in my throat, the beautiful girl walking through the woods was the same ninja standing only a few feet in front of me.  It took all I had to hold back my laughter, my stomach began to ache with its need to escape.  Sasuke had been checking out a boy.  I had been jealous of a boy!  My lips twitched at the sides.  This was golden.

       I heard Tazuna let out a growl from behind our guard, “He should stop hiding under that mask and face us!” He shouted with a raised fist.  I let my eyes roll.  He wasn’t included in the “us” that Haku would have to face.  If he could do any fighting of his own to begin with, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

       “I’ll fight him,” Sasuke said in a low, deliberate voice, taking a step forward, “Tricking us with that stupid act…  I hate bastards like that the most.”

                A giggle escaped my lips and I quickly tried to cough to cover it up.  Sasuke glared at me with narrow eyes.  I forgot I was ruining his cool bravado by thinking about Haku tricking him into thinking he was a girl.

        When Haku spoke, he almost sounded like a girl.  His voice was so light and calm, “An impressive young man…  Even though the water clones have less than a tenth of the strength of the original, it’s still impressive.”

       “But we have gained the first advantage, GO!” Zabuza called, and as if on command, Haku immediately leapt into the air with a nod.  He spun around violently and landed, planting his feet firmly in front of Sasuke, catching Sasuke off guard.  Sasuke quickly recovered from his shock as Haku went for a roundhouse kick only to be swatted away like a fly by Sasuke.  But Haku was incredibly fast.  He recovered from the blow and immediately went to swing with a punch that Sasuke stopped with his forearm.  Sasuke gripped a kunai tightly in his hand.  They were at a standstill, pressing their arms against each other waiting for one to give in.

       “Red, we’ll let Sasuke handle this one, we have to focus on Zabuza,” Kakashi ordered to me.