Chapter 15

Authors note: I realise how late this upload is.

I am a horrible horrible person.

I am sorry.

Consider this my apology gift.

:)

*****************************************************

 That afternoon, when I got downstairs I was surprised to see all my brothers lined up at the door, dressed and ready to go.

“Where are you guys going?” I asked Aaron, who was tying up his shoe laces.

“Out,”

“Out where?”

Aaron shrugged, “We have things to do, people to see.”

I raised an eyebrow but shrugged, “Okay, well can I come with you?”

“No.”

“Are you all going?”

“Yes.”

“Then why can’t I come?” I was whining now, but I wanted to come.

“Because.”

“Because...?”

“You just can’t come, beside’s Blake’s at home as well so you can be as loud as you want,” Jake butted in.

I scowled at him, “Fine. I didn’t want to come anyway.”

I turned around and walked into the lounge and a few seconds later I heard the front door slam shut.

“Do you know where they are going?” I asked, sitting next to him on the couch.

I heard a shrill ringing sound and turned to face Blake, recognising the sound of his phone.

Blake picked up his phone and shot an apologetic smile in my direction, before leaving the room, leaving me to stare after him in confusion. Why did he leave the room to answer the phone call? My mind went back to his other phone calls that I had listened in on.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I stood up and went upstairs, towards Blake’s bedroom where I could hear him talking.

I pressed my ear to the door and concentrated on his voice.

“Nobody’s home apart from me and Skye.......I can’t........No.......Fine, where should I meet you?” There was silence and then Blake spoke again, “I’ll be there soon. Bye.”

I backed away from the door and quickly ran down the stairs before practically leaping onto the couch and picking up a magazine, pretending to read it.

After a few seconds I heard footsteps and then Blake entered the room, “Is everything okay?” I asked trying to sound innocent.

“Yeah, I just have to go somewhere urgently, is that okay?”

I nodded and smiled, “Yeah sure.”

Blake looked relieved and gave me a huge grin before he left the room, seconds later I heard the front door slam shut and then silence.

I leapt up from the couch and pulled on a huge hooded sweatshirt, before grabbing a pair of sunglasses and putting them on. I raced out the door and looked around, hoping that Blake hadn’t suddenly disappeared. Thankfully, I could still see him so I began walking speedily in his direction.

I must have followed Blake for at least ten minutes before we got to the place I assumed was his destination, the park.

I watched from a safe distance as Blake sat down on a bench and looked around.