Chapter 10

(TWO DAYS LATER)

"You're kidding right?" I stared in horror at the outfits that were neatly laid out on the bed, five suits and a red dress. "Please tell me that the dress is for Jake."

I heard Aaron snicker but Elliot just looked at me like I was acting immature.

"It's a dress Skye, not a rifle."

"I would prefer the rifle to the dress any day."

"Just put the dress on Skye."

"No."

"Skye!"

"It's not going to happen."

"Put it on, or you're not going to come to the casino."

I glared at Elliot. "Why do I have to wear the dress?"

"They have a dress code."

"Well it's stupid."

"Just put the damn thing on."

"Dresses are not the definition of perfect are they? It's not like I can fit a Kevlar vest underneath, can I?" I held up the five inch heels, "And how the hell am I supposed to run in these things?"

"Get Blake to carry you."

I scowled at Elliot, clenching my fists tightly in order to stop myself from punching Elliot like I so badly wanted to.

"Can I?" Blake asked Elliot, grinning.

"I don't need your help to run," I snapped in annoyance.

"Aw," Blake pouted.

I turned back to Elliot "Where do I put my gun Blake waggled his eyebrows, "In your bra?"

I threw one of the shoes at Blake and turned around to face the others, scowling as I did so, "I'll put the gun in my thigh holster. Thanks a lot, do you have any idea how much I hate those stupid things? They're almost as bad as putting the gun in my bra."

Jake snorted and rolled his eyes, clearly not showing me any sympathy.

"I hate you." I glared at all my brothers. 

 "I love you to," they said simultaneously. 

 I picked up the dress and stalked out the room muttering angrily.

*******************************************

I made my way downstairs and sat down on the couch next to Blake who looked me up and down and then let his mouth drop open.

I looked around and noticed that none of my brothers were here yet and neither was Mac, I faced Blake again, this time I was the one to stare at him. Blake was wearing a black Armani suit, with a black shirt and tie. His brown hair was damp and messy, as if he had just come out of the shower, locks of hair falling into his hazel coloured eyes.

Before I could stop myself I leaned over and brushed a lock of hair out of his eyes. Blake snapped his head up and stared at me. I froze, with my fingers still in his hair. I looked up and met his inquiring gaze. I hastily took my hand away but Blake grabbed it. I stared at his hand before pulling it back I shock, as if his touch had burned my skin.

"That's okay," he whispered, leaning towards me. I felt his lips touch mine, but I jumped away in shock. I quickly stood up to leave but the door burst open and my brothers and Mac entered the room, stopping me in my tracks. I hastily sat back down and watched the others walk through the door, deep in conversation. They all sat down but Mac remained standing.

"I managed to get my hands on these," Mac put a black bag on the floor and pulled out a couple of small black objects.

"Which model are these?"