Chapter 11

Blake and I stayed under the table for quite a long time, I hoped that by the time we came out, the chaos would have died down but it seemed that luck was not on our side because gunshots increased and screams got louder.

Blake and I had our guns out, but made no effort to come out from under the table and participate in the shootout.

 I quickly poked my head out from under the table, and looked around, feeling worried when I saw none of my brothers or Mac.

I adjusted my earpiece “Are you all okay?”

There was no reply. “Hello? Mac? Elliot? Aaron?” I shouted into my earpiece but yet again there was no reply.

I looked at Blake, “Do you think they’re okay?” I asked, slightly panicked.

“Don’t worry Skye. They’ll be okay,” He said reassuringly.

I frowned but didn’t say anymore.

After a moment of silence, Blake spoke. “Are you okay?” he asked, sounding genuinely worried.

I gave him a short nod, not bothering to speak.

Blake studied me for a moment, as if he was checking whether or not I was really okay, before he spoke again, “Come on, the cops will show up soon and we don’t want to be here when they show up,” he said.

“What about-”

“Don’t worry, I’ll go find your brothers and Mac, but first I need to get you out of here.”

I raised an eyebrow, “I don’t need to go anywhere and I won’t be going anywhere.”

Blake glared at me, “Yes you are.”

“No I am not!”

Blake scowled, “What are you going to do then, wait here until some idiot comes and kills you?”

“In case you haven’t noticed, I am capable of taking care of myself in situations like this, so just leave me alone!” With that I went to crawl out from under the table.

Blake reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me back so that I fell back into his lap. I scrambled off, hastily before turning around with a scowl on my face.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Blake asked.

“The moon,” I said sarcastically, “Where do you think I’m going?”

“You are not coming out from under this table!”

I smirked, “Just try and stop me.” I crawled out from under the table as fast as I possibly could, trying to escape Blake, but Blake, being the persistent person that he is, followed me out from under the table.

I whirled around and glared at him, “Stop following me!”

Blake just shrugged as he continued to follow me.

I looked around, people were running around, shouting and screaming, bullets were flying through the air, and cards were fluttering down to the ground like snowflakes. Tables were on the floor, having been knocked over in the chaos. The walls had several bullet holes, and I could spot a couple of suspiciously still bodies, lying amidst the fray.

Holding my gun out in front of me, I moved towards the door on my right labelled ‘Staff Only.’ As I pushed the door open, Blake grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the door.

“Let go of my hand,” I hissed, narrowing my eyes.

“No. I’m getting you out of here-” Blake stopped mid-sentence, and pulled me down to the ground, successfully avoiding a bullet that was aimed at me.