Chapter 13

A wheelchair!?” I stared at the thing that Aaron had wheeled in, just seconds ago, in horror. “You got me a fucking wheelchair!?” 

“No Skye, we got you a time travelling machine,” Aaron said sarcastically.

“I’m not using that thing!” I said, scowling at the wheelchair and then at Aaron. 

“It’s either the wheelchair, or staying in bed for the rest of the week,” Blake shrugged.

“I’ll stay in bed!”

Aaron rolled his eyes, “It’s only for a few days. Doctor Chang says you’ll be able to walk fine in a couple of days,” he said.

“I am not sitting on that thing.” I shook my head and glared at Aaron and Blake.

“You don’t really have much of a choice here,” Blake said shrugging.

“Fuck off,” I glared at Blake and Aaron, then at the wheelchair.

Blake sighed, “You know, if you weren’t so stubborn I wouldn’t have to do this...”

I frowned at him in confusion, “Do what?”

Blake came over to my bed, and before I could figure out what he was doing, he had lifted me up in his arms, “This.”

“Hey! Put me down!”                                                        

“No can do.”

Blake walked over to the wheelchair and put me on it. “I hate you,” was all I could say.

“There’s a thin line between love and hate.”

************************************************

I stared at the empty plate in front of me and thanked Katrina for the food before turning to Blake, “Can you take me upstairs?”

Blake, who had now become my personal slave, nodded and took me upstairs.

 “Where do you want me to put you?” Blake asked pushing me into my room and looking around.

“The bed.”

 Blake nodded and lifted me out of the wheelchair, bridal style.

As Blake began making his way over to the bed, by the side of my bed I saw a flash of grey. I frowned when I noticed one of my crutches on the floor. How had it gotten there?

 “Wait! Blake, look out for the-” To late. Blake lost his balance and both he and I fell onto my bed, Blake on top of me. 

Blake stared at me in surprise, before I saw his head lean down and I felt I his lips on my own; I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he pulled me closer.

Normally, I would have pushed Blake away; I would have said no; I would have told Blake that I couldn’t do this, that we couldn’t do this. But this time I didn’t do any of those things; I didn’t pause to think, before I put my arms around his neck, and pulled him closer.

This time it felt different kissing him; I didn’t feel disgusted. This time, I felt like I actually wanted to kiss him. Because despite the fact that he was the Blake Reynolds I hated, he was now the Blake Reynolds that was beginning to grow on me.

I thought back to all the things that I knew were wrong about him, the things that didn’t seem right, his sudden disappearances, his mysterious phone calls, but then I thought back to all the good things about all the good things he had done, how he had protected me at the casino, how he had taken out the bullet when I had been shot, how he was taking care of me even after I got shot.