Chapter 14

It had been a whole week, I had even ditched my wheelchair and was walking again, but Blake still hadn’t come back from wherever he had gone.

Finally, I got so impatient that I asked Elliot at breakfast.

“Do you know when Blake is coming back?”

Jake propped his elbows on the table and turned to look at me, “Why? Is our little sister getting impatient for something?”

“God, will you just let that go! I am not planning to do anything!” I glared at Jake who was grinning evilly at me.

“Are you sure, because you look pretty impatient to see him?”

I picked up my spoon and hurled at him, scowling when he ducked and it landed in Aaron’s orange juice.

“What are you two talking about?” Aaron asked, he was the only one out of my brothers who didn’t know about Blake and I, and I preferred to keep it that way.

“Nothing!” I shouted.

“Nothing?” Jake gasped, “Your sex life is not nothing!”

“Would you shut up????” I hissed.

“No can do Skye.”

I turned to Elliot, “Do you know when Blake is coming back?”

Elliot shrugged nonchalantly, “Why would I know? He’s YOUR fuck buddy.”

“Oh my God!” I groaned and blushed, “He is not my fuck buddy! So shut up!!!”

I scowled and got up, before storming out of the kitchen, leaving my brothers to continue laughing at me.

***********************************************

It was around noon when there was a knock on my bedroom, “Jake, if that’s you, then fuck off!”

The door was opened and a voice said, “Ouch, it’s a good thing I’m not Jake,”

I whirled around, the grin on my face vanished when I saw Blake’s face. “Holy shit! What happened to your face?!”

Blake shrugged, “Nothing.”

I narrowed my eyes, inspecting the cut on his lip, his black eye and the scar on his cheek, on anyone else, the injuries would have made them look idiotic, but on Blake they looked oddly normal, in fact they added to his rugged appearance and made him look even more dangerous.

“That black eye is not nothing!”

Blake shrugged again, and didn’t meet my gaze.

I sighed and went closer to scrutinize the damage that had been made to his face, “Who did it?”

Blake looked back up at me, “What?”

“Who did this to your face?”

He shook his head, “Nobody.”

“What, so you woke up one morning with your face covered in bruises?”

Blake’s voice was cold and hard when he spoke, “I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.”

I narrowed my eyes, “Blake you are not-”

I was interrupted by Elliot who stuck his head out from behind the door and grinned, “Use protection!”

“ELLIOT!!” I hissed angrily.

“Have fun!” Elliot turned away but then stuck his head out again, “Don’t be too loud.” Elliot walked away laughing loudly.