Chapter 6

My first instinct, me being me, was to turn around and knock out whoever it was that had decided to temporarily block my vision, but realization dawned upon me quickly and when I realised who it was, I couldn't help but grin.

"Is it Brad Pitt? No, wait..." I paused, still grinning, "Is it Taylor Lautner?" I asked even though I had a pretty good idea of who it was.

"No and no."

"Is it that guy checking me out in Wal-Mart the other day?"

"What guy??"

I giggled, "Nobody, just kidding."

"Okay, you're really bad at guessing, I'll give you a clue; it's your favourite brother of all!"

"Aaron!" I lied, grinning.

The hands were removed from in front of my eyes and I grinned up and Elliot who had his arms crossed over his chest and was pretending to glare it me.

"I'm gone for a couple of months and suddenly Aarons your favourite brother?" Elliot raised an eyebrow and stuck his bottom lip out like a toddler, as he faked being upset.

I rolled my eyes and jumped off the stool, before throwing my hands around his neck.

Elliot chuckled, "Nice to see you too!"

"I missed you so much Ellie!" I squealed.

"Do you have to call me that in public?" Elliot asked pulling away.

I shrugged innocently, "What? I'm just sharing the sibling love!"

"Share the love without the nicknames next time," Elliot suggested, still smiling.

I rolled my eyes, "Did you miss me?"

"Not a bit, I had food and criminals to keep me company, do you think I would miss my annoying little sister?"

I huffed and mock glared at him, "I bet you did! How was prison?"

"Same old, bad food, nosy wardens, dumb muscular guys causing fights, etcetera. But life in the slammer sucked without my little sister there to stir up some trouble."

I grinned happily, taking the remark as a compliment, "It's true, without me, life's just not fun."

"So how have you been? Are you still in one piece?"

"I'm good, still in one piece, but shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

"Your big bro can take care of himself you know and he happens to be perfectly fine."

I rolled my eyes as Elliot's blue eyes looked at me in worry, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I told you, I'm fine!" I said, as Elliot looked me up and down as if he was checking whether I had lost any vital body parts while he was gone.

Elliot ignored me and instead furrowed his eyebrows as he took in my outfit, "Skye Sofia Moreno! Go change right now!"

He glared at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"What? Why?"

"That dress is way too short and half the guys in this room are looking at you the way Marcus looks at a radioactive time bomb."

I shrugged, "So?"

"So, go change!"

"Not gonna happen mom," I laughed as he scowled.

Before he could reply someone laughed behind him and Elliot turned around.

"Skye I'd like you to meet someone."