1. Unexpected Encounter ✅

Pic on the side is Victoria Justice as Viveca Raymond! Do let me know if you want any changes in the actress... :)

Edited by Xx_Purple_xX

Proof read by _messedup

-----------------------

''Sometimes life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst time possible.''

-Lisa Kleypas

Day 1 : An Unexpected Encounter!

*Viveca*

"God, these office projects are seriously nagging my nerves... Maybe I should take a break from this..." I mentally said to myself.

''Viveca?" I raised my head to the direction of the voice.

Mindy, the boss' personal assistant, smiled at down me. Her glinted blue eyes filled with mischief.

I beamed at her as she placed the pile of files in order. I gave a weird look at the amount of papers strewn across my desk.

I scrunched up my nose in disbelief at the vast array of documents. She chuckled.

"You had a choice, but still you preferred to work like an ass hole," she scoffed. Her eyes wandered over my cluttered desk.

I nodded. "I just love keeping myself busy. That's all I have to keep myself off from negative thoughts."

Mindy shot me an understanding, yet pitiful look. I cringed, knowing what really had crossed her thought.

"You don't have to feel bad for me. I'm completely over it. After all, it's been four long years. Neither did I meet him nor receive any updates from him. I'm really not going to meet him again in my life, so why ponder over something which is completely useless?" I questioned and she patted my shoulder reassuringly.

Hate; It is the only feeling I have for him, but the fact that I really wish to have a single glance at him was an understatement. My anticipated face easily proved it. Except, I'm glad no one could easily read my emotions except for my wicked best friend Erica James, a leading photographer. Only she could decipher the slightest expressions that crosses my face. That woman was incredulous. I face-palmed. I glanced up at Mindy and she flashed her sugar coated smile again. It was so fake, but it still made me feel a whole lot better.

"Don't tell me he wants all of these files right now." She shot me a resentful look.

"Damn it!" I swore under my breath.

"Can you please tell him that I'll send them within a minute?" I begged, mustering my best puppy face and shot a pleading look.

"You know you don't need to apologize since you are his little princess." Mindy smirked.

I grinned at her evilly. She was right. Our boss, a wise man, admired workaholics and people who truly loved their job. So, of course, he completely adored me since I belonged to both of those categories. To everyone he was labelled as a ruthless, arrogant, selfish oldie, but I always considered him as my grandfather or father, depending on the situation though. I respect each and every decision he made for the company. After all, he wants his company to be at a good position before his retirement which would be in about three months.

I really can't even imagine the state of this company if someone else were to take over. He never wanted to hand over the company to his kids fearing that they might ruin it so he had a plan of merging this company with a reputed enterprise. In result, their CEO would watch over our company and even if his ancestors decided to ruin it, they wouldn't be able to do much damage.