Chapter 25 - The Ambition of a Queen

25.

The Ambition of a Queen

Gahn opened his eyes.

"It is about time you awake. I knew it would help if I placed you here." Radi's voice was heard.

Here?

He felt it. Radi's Magika was encasing both of them in an illusion, but there were no changes to the area that he could see. They were in the same spot they had their battle. Clumps of grass had been pulled up from their fight, but other than that the scenery was the same as any other part of Demon World.

"When is the last time ya used your own Magika? I can feel it brimming out of ya. Ya didn't used to be so sloppy. I taught ya better than that," Gahn said and crossed his arms.

His arms. He looked at them and saw they were healed. It was too soon. At the least he would still have second degree burns. Gahn uncrossed his arms and flexed his mended hands. He hadn't even taken out the melted silver from his knuckle bones.

He looked at Radi. "Ya have a healed me in the illusion, huh?"

"Yes," she answered and titled her head while she pointed at him. "That and a bit more."

Gahn looked down at himself again. He was shirtless, taught and toned muscles smooth and free of any wounds or burns. His jeans were as impeccable but also unbuttoned and unzipped. The flaps were folded down but they hugged his hips tight enough to prevent anything from being shown. He was about to zip up his pants when he noticed they lacked a zipper and a button. Gahn looked at Radi. She gave him a half smile.    

He grinned. "I know I'm adorable and irresistible, so I forgive ya for being unable to control yaself."

She walked up to him. He noticed her sheathed sword by her hips. Even though they were in an illusion, anything that happened here was real. If she killed him, he'd wake up dead. Not that she could catch him in there. She was oozing too much of her Magika for him to not sense what she would do next.

"I always adored it when you had your hair down," she said.

His hand shot up to his scalp to feel his locks intact. The loose ends swept his shoulders. "Yeah. Too bad most of it is actually burned off now."

"It will grow back. More importantly, I pulled the silver out from you hand." Radi grabbed his palm and traced his knuckles with her finger.

He enjoyed her touch more than he should have.    

"You were healing well enough, but you were taking too long to regain your consciousness. I instead created the illusion to have you completely healed in order for you to awaken." Radi released his hand.

Gahn shook his head. "But I put a blade through ya throat."

"You thought as so for I created another illusion. One that manipulated the grass beneath your feet to appear as myself. I was the one that stabbed you, my love."

The growl that escaped him surprised him. "Don't call me that."

She snickered. "It is that which distracted you. I recall a time when you once loved me. You do recall me saying that, of course? It distraught you well enough for you to not even notice my Mahou's release."

He shoved her with his shoulder as he walked past her. "What do ya want?" he said.

"I want to tell you that, unlike you, I did not have a desire to kill you."