Chapter 3 - Parallel Orders from Parallel Worlds

3.

Parallel Orders from Parallel Worlds

The conference room was bare like most of the other castle chambers. Grey walls were lit by the dozens of torches that were mounted on them. Towards the back upon a raised platform of a single step was a silver chair with an extravagant back that fanned out like a peacock’s tail. Auronmar sat upon it, facing the four anxious demonic faces that gazed up at him.

One of them bore the raw animalistic features of a lower level demon. Its misshapen body coiled around itself like the snake it resembled. Short, half scaled human arms protruded from an erect torso that slowly evolved into a human head. It possessed no hair and twin slits for a nose. Anxious cat-like eyes kept staring at the prominent king.

The other three demons, upper level quality, were an equal mixture of animal and human. All were females and were unclothed, as demons below superior level usually were. The one that stood next to the serpent demon had her human looking traits popping out excessively in compression. However, her pointed ears, sliced eyes, spewing snout, and excessive fangs still gave her a haunting appearance. Next to her stood another demon.

She also held a general human body but possessed bleached, fuzzy skin. Paws replaced hands and feet and whiskers peppered her white face like freckles. Long, pink rabbit ears from a hairless skull draped to the floor.

The third upper level demon was entirely covered in black feathers. Both her arms and legs were veiled with elongated plumages that granted her flight. Her lips, sharpened out into a small and brown beak, opened to speak.

“I am sorry, Your Grace,” she said. Her voice was a mixture of human vocal cords and bird squeaks. “I can no longer spare any more of my men into the mortal realm. If I do then the castle will remain all but defenseless.”

“It’sss true.” The lower demon slurred his words with extended hisses. “I wass with the group ssent. Almosst everyone died. Almosst everyone hasss died. I wass lucky to come back.”

“Do not speak to his Grace without his command!” the rabbit demon snapped.

Auronmar waved the words away with a weary hand. “Simply account your report, High Class Warrior Neeri.” He addressed the wolf demon.

She quickly bowed her head and spoke, “Your Grace. Though time is not the same between our worlds, recent reconnaissance tells our forces in Human World are all but gone. Our dwindling forces are numbered around the few hundreds, most which reside under your guard here in Demon World, Your Grace. Our—”

Auronmar again waved his hand, demanding her to halt. “I am aware of such. Tell me of Blethinette’s army and the status of earth and its people.”

Neeri nodded and continued, “Her army is counted in the millions, Your Grace. While thousands of stray demons still roam our world, and are, loosely speaking, neutral, most of the demon population sided with her and have gone through the portal into the mortal world. Almost her entire army resides there. Unfortunately because of such a fact, the mortals are…almost extinct.”

The demon king had not shown any reaction to the debriefing information he had been receiving until now. High Class Warrior Neeri’s jarring words caused his face to twist with pain and surprise. There was a pause.

“She is killing them?” he finally asked.

“Yes, Your Majesty,” Neeri slowly, almost sadly, said.

He lifted his head that had been resting on the palm of his hand. “When did she begin this massacre?”

“As I said, Your Grace, time is not equal—”