Bitten by the love bug *Short-y Short Extra!!*

Akamaru snicker snidely as he watched his master and bestfriend cuddle with Hinata. His ingenuious plan worked without a flaw. They never suspect the dog.... MUHAHA.

A shrill 'arp!' escaped Akamaru's furry lips as he was pulled up, suspended in the air by his tail. He kicked and growled and snapped at whomever it was. Suddenly a human hand covered his mouth and Shino's face came into the dog's visual. Akamaru sweat-dropped as he smiled a sheepish puppy-dog smile at the male. ^w^'

Shino was battered and bruised. Kiba had done a thourough job of beating the mess out of him. Though his 'hairy stinkin' beads' were still intact and in there proper position behind his pants. He protected THAT with his LIFE!

Shino glared at the pup with murder behind his glasses. He'd framed him! Though it had been Shino who was in possession of the bugs, he now realised Akamaru had been the one to release it from its holding. The dog was the culprit! He'd seen, briefly, a glimpse of the mutt a few days ago right when he'd just returned the Plecia nearctica (Love bugs) specimens to their container. Lo and behold earlier today Kiba comes along and nearly kills him. This is why as a ninja you never let your guard down... Shino's eyes narrowed as he stared down at the dog he had hung by the tail. Because your teammate's dog might just frame you...

"Akamaru..." Shino growled not bothering to cover the distain he held for the dog.

Akamaru must have sensed the danger because he started fighting. He managed to get his tail free but in mid fall Shino grabbed him by the fold at his neck. Bringing the dog face-to-face with him Shino raised a fist and knocked him in the top of his head. Akamaru went limp and unconsious. WIth a flare of the nostril Shino walks out of the shadows. He tossed the unconscious Akamaru at his surprised teammates' feet.

"It seems Akamaru was the cause of your mishap, Kiba..." Shino stumped up to said male and glared down at him. "And do not believe your 'hairy stinkin' beads' will go unpunished." With those foreboding words and a future promise Shino limps away. Hinata gave Kiba a questioning look and Kiba just sweat-dropped looking down at Akamaru. Buddy what shit have you gotten me into?

But then he glanced at Hinata and she gave him a lovingly cute smile and suddenly he didn't give a crap. Grinning he threw his arms over her shoulder and pulled her against him and nustled into the crooked of her neck.

"Oh my sweet honey!!!" Kiba yelled a laugh in his tone.

"Kiba-kun!" Hinata whined then she froze. The hair on the back of her neck stood up and nshe bristled like a cat.

"Dare I ask..." A cold, elderly male voice started and Kiba froze. He turned him and his girl around slowly without releasing her to face a stone-faced Hiashi Hyuga. A second ticked by. Then another. And another.

"Dare I ask..." Hiashi said finding it necessary to repeat himself. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE???!!!" He exploded. Yet again a silent second ticked by. Then another. And another.

Kiba finally blinked. He glanced down at Hinata who was staring at her father unblinkingly then he glanced at Akamaru who was still KO-ed then he looked back at the angry parent before him. What happened next happened in a flash. Hinata was scoped up in his arms bridal style, Akamaru was slung over his shoulder and Kiba was halfway down the street by the time Hiashi noticed anything.

'I thought mum said she took care of this!!' Kiba thought as he yelled at the top of his lungs the entire time Hiashi Hyuga hunted and chased him down.

[fin]