Bitten by the love bug [KibaHina] 2 of 8

*Song dedicated to this part of the one-shot is:

BeBe & CeCe Winans--"Close to You"

*

"Finally! The park! We're here!"

Kiba exclaimed and collapsed on a bench.

Hinata stood in front of him giggling. Then she sat next to him on the bench. She sighed and stared at the clouds.

"So Hinata..."

Kiba started, turning on the bench so he faced Hinata with a grin. She broke her gaze from the sky and smiled at him.

"Yes Kiba-kun."

"Have you made any of those delicious cookies recently? I've been craving for one of your treats lately."

Kiba said and his grin grew wider.

Hinata blushed.

"N-no I haven't Kiba-kun. Sorry."

She apologized.

Kiba sighed.

"Oh man. Darn! I really wanted one of those."

Kiba said with a hearty laugh.

"Don't worry Kiba-kun. Maybe I can make you some tomorrow."

She said and they both shared a laugh.

Kiba and Hinata chatted for a few minutes about random things.

"And I was like 'Darn it Akamaru!! I don't want any fleas!!' Well let's just say someone got shaved skin bald and it wasn't Akamaru."

Kiba said in an animated way making Hinata laugh even harder.

"That's a funny story Kiba-kun!"

She giggled and he grinned sheepishly.

"Well it's not all that funny when your sister holds you down and your mom stands over you with a blunt razor and shaves you while your dog who caused everything walks away free."

Kiba said bitterly and grinned at her.

"Sorry Kiba-kun. But that story's just so funny."

Hinata laughed again.

"Yeah..."

Kiba said distractedly.

Hinata glanced at him and saw him staring at the ground.

"Hey it's a rose."

Kiba murmured and reached for it. He picked it up but forgot about the thorns and got pricked. He dropped the rose.

"Son of a batch of cookies..."

Kiba grumbled as he flicked his finger through the air.

"Kiba-kun, Are you okay?"

Hinata asked worry glazed in her words when she saw his discomfort.

"Yeah, it's just a little prick. It's nothing to worry about."

Kiba reassured as Hinata took his finger.

Hinata stared at the blood on his finger and glanced up at him then looked back down at his finger. Without any hesitation she took Kiba's finger in her mouth and licked the blood off. She removed his finger from her mouth and stood up.

'I wasn't expecting her to do that.'

Kiba thought and stared at her with slight surprise.

Kiba watched her turn around and she started walking away.

He quickly leaps up.

"Oye, Hinata Where are you going?!"

He yelled to her retreating figure.

"There's a plant here in the park that can disinfect your cut. I'll be right back they're not too far off."

She answered back.

Kiba sighed and sat back down.

Meanwhile Hinata was a few feet away from Kiba. She could still see him but he probably couldn't see her. She looked around the ground until she saw what she was looking for; a patch of tiny blue flowers.

'Here they are. They're tiny but they're nectar has a strong disinfectant. Two should be good enough.'

She thought and picked that amount then stood up. She started walking back towards Kiba when she had a sudden itch on her neck. She reached up and scratched it. She yipped and dropped the flowers.

'Oh, woe is me.'

She thought as a familiar fatigue came.

Meanwhile Kiba was still seated on the bench now staring off into space with his chin rested in his palm; elbow on his knee.

"Boy, it's humid. It looks like it's about to rain soon."

Kiba sighed and removed his hood.

'How weird is it that it turns hot right before it rains ne.'

He thought as he stared up at the sky.

"Oye! Hinata it's about to rain! We should head home!"

He called to her after hearing her footsteps. He didn't know where she was exactly but he needed to let her know now before they got stuck in the rain. Kiba stood up but immediately he fell back in his seat at two arms slinking around his shoulder and wrapped around his neck.

His eyes widened and he tensed up felling her chest press against his back.

"Hinata?"

He yelled nervous and flabbergasted. What the hell was she doing?

"Kiba-kun..."

She said in a smooth tone and rubbed her cheek against his.

'Is it just me or did that sound slightly... seductive!'

Kiba panicked.

"Hinata what the hell are you doing!?"

Kiba stuttered and his eyes widened as she nuzzled into his neck a blush sprawled across his cheeks.

Hinata wrapped her arms tighter, moved/pressed more into his back and nuzzled his neck again, breathing in Kiba's scent.

"You smell really...nice Kiba-kun."

Hinata mumbled into his neck causing Kiba's blush to deepen.

The sky above them turned gray and the once humid air turned brisk; signalling that it was about to rain. A few droplets started to fall.

Hinata groaned. Kiba shakily glanced at her.

"Kiba-kun..."

She mumbled and her arms were slipping from around his neck.

"What's... going on? I don't know...what's happening. My head..."

She trailed off as her hand slipped from his shoulders and she fell to the ground.

"H-hinata-chan!"

Kiba panicked and shot to his feet as she fell in a dead faint. He bent down and took her into his arms.

'What's going on with her?'

He thought with worry as he stared down at her. He stood up with her, laying limp in his arms and sprinted from the park the raindrops falling on his head.