Chapter 30

I almost dropped the box when I heard someone entering through the front door but managed to put it back quickly. Basically jumping off the bed I had been sitting on, my heart was still racing. Only now I wasn’t sure whether it was the ring, the fact that I was startled by someone coming in or my anticipation for Camila. It was probably a combination of all because it genuinely felt like I was close to cardiac arrest.

“Lauren?”, I heard Camila’s familiar voice calling me and left the bedroom. The younger woman’s face lit up instantly when she saw me and quickly made her way over to me. I met her halfway and felt her arms immediately wrapping around my neck, pulling me in for a kiss. The familiar sensation of our lips lingering against each other, created goose bumps everywhere. I was still surprised how soft her lips were although I should be used to it by now. Tightening my grip around her waist, I did not want to let go but we had to if either of us had any intention of breathing.

“Happy Birthday”, she said with the biggest smile and seemed more excited than I was about me turning a year older.

“Thanks”, I replied but was still a little nervous since making that unexpected discovery.

“Are you ok?”, she instantly noticed. “You seem a little rattled. And you’re pale as ghost. Are you getting sick?”

“Nah, it’s probably just the jetlag”, I tried appeasing her. “I may look like a ghost but you look incredible”, I added and flashed a smile to change the subject.

“That’s not what I meant. You always look good and you know it”, Camila breathed before kissing me again. I sighed with pleasure and felt my nerves calming down. Cupping her face in both of my hands, I let one hand wander to the back of her neck and deepened the kiss. My lips parted in anticipation and didn’t have to wait long before the light-haired woman’s tongue slipped in between them. I tilted my head a little, allowing her even more access while guiding the sensual kiss with my hands. She put her arms around my back and traced my spine with her index finger. Her breathing sped up and I heard her moaning softly. I laughed gently and broke the kiss with that.

“You’re always horny”, I teased and saw her biting her lower lip. She didn’t seem embarrassed though, but just slid her hand under my shirt and stroked my sides, which was hard to ignore.

“Can you blame me?”, she whispered and placed a skilled kiss on my earlobe. “I have this really hot girlfriend but I only get to see her rarely these days. So I literally want to jump her bones every time I do”, she kept breathing against my sensitive hearing organ and nibbled on my earlobe once more. Her hands were caressing my skin gutsier and she started scratching my sides with her fingernails. I couldn’t deny she was thrilling me.

“The really hot girlfriend is a little exhausted from the flight and might need some recuperation before we do this”, I mumbled shakily because she was moving her lips on a very delicate spot right underneath my ear.

“You don’t have to do anything but lie down, baby”, her voice sounded seductive and I felt one of her hands pulling the waistband of my jeans. I couldn’t help but laugh quietly again. It was a lot more unsteady this time, since I was not unfazed by what the younger was doing.

“Where’s the fun in that, you little perv?”, I kept teasing.

“You seemed to like it the last time”, she countered.

“Touché”, I said and moaned lowly because she bit down on my neck.

“No, no, no”, I quickly pushed her away and saw her grinning. “No more bite marks. The last ones you gave me took forever wear off. My makeup artist almost strangled me when I showed up with those.”