Chapter 7

We get to Helen and Gabe's and I park my bike.

"Okay Philip, where the heck are we going?" I turn to see him staring at me.

"God, you're beautiful." What. Did he just call me beautiful?

"Wha-what?"

"Nothing, let's go." He takes me by the hand and leads me up a hill behind the massive barn. He walks and walks with his hand in mine until we come upon a barely visible trail.

"Where does this lead to," I ask him.

"Somewhere," he replied.

"Is that your favorite word or something?"

"Maybe," he laughs, "At least today it is." He release my hand, which is now very cold without his there, and takes off running down the trail. I just start walking, not wanting to waste my energy. Eventually, I see him resting on a tree, bent over with his hands on his knees.

"Out of breath are we?"

He looks up and glares at me. "Shut up." We start walking until we see a little pond. "Okay Philip, what are we doing here?"

He sighs and turns to look at me. "Promise me you'll listen to me completely, not saying anything until I'm finished?" I nod.

"Okay, when I first got here, I automatically knew I wasn't going to fit in, being gay and all. I highly doubted anybody knew that being gay was even a thing, so I didn't really talk to anybody. I was very shocked when you came up to me. Well, when we bumped and you didn't run away. Everyday after school, I would just come up here and sit for hours just thinking, sometimes doing homework but mainly thinking. Thinking about the city, my mom, when I was younger, you. I had kissed other boys back in the city if they wanted to hook up or something, but I never went farther than that, and I never felt anything with them. But when I kissed you, it felt like a million lights switching on. Like staying up here wasn't as bad any more. And it was just a kiss, nothing more, not even making out. Just a simple little middle school kiss. I knew then that I really liked you, and that you meant a lot to me. I couldn't say this at a stupid pizza restaurant. I had to say this here because I share everything with this place. And I know I don't have a right to just be here for a week and already claim a place as 'mine', but being able to come up here and think and talk without anybody listening has helped me a lot with moving. So if you think I'm an even bigger freak than I was before and you don't wanna be seen with me that's fine, I just needed to tell you this." He looks at me expectantly, but I'm speechless. "Lukas, please say something." I can't think of any words to say so I just do the one thing I can think of. I kiss him.

I move my hands up to the back of his neck and curl my fingers into his hair. His lips wake up and move in sync with mine. He puts his right hand on my bicep and his other hand on the side of my neck. In that moment, everything is lost. All the noise, everything. It's just us by this little pond in our own space.

I pull away from him only because I'm out of breath. When I look at him, his eyes are sparkling, like when he laughs.

"Wow," he says. "That was unexpected."

"No kidding," I laugh. "But I really enjoyed it." I peck his lips once more, softly.

"So you're not running away?"

I shake my head, "Does it look like I am?" He laughs and shakes his head.

I look down at my watch and it's 6:20.

"I better go, but I'll see you at school tomorrow."

We walk back down the trail, holding hands. When we get back to my bike, Philip stands on his tiptoes and gives me a kiss. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye," I say as I smile at him and get on my bike.

That is not how I expected this evening to turn out at all.

___________________________
Okay, first of all: I'm sorry this chapter is short and that it sucks but I am sick and I didn't really have the energy to write a chapter, but I did. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed. Don't forget to comment, vote, and recommend to friends. As always,
xx Addison