Chapter 15

Author's Note: This is my longest chapter yet (over 4,000 words). I'm not sure if that's good or bad...

"Let me get this straight," Ginny said. "You kissed Blaise...and then you kissed Malfoy...and then you kissed Blaise again? All in one evening?"

"Yes," replied Hermione.

"You little trollop!" Ginny squealed in delight.

"Shh!" Hermione hissed, looking around the common room in hopes that nobody was listening in. "I am not a trollop!"

It was late Sunday morning, and Hermione had just filled Ginny in on the events that had taken place the night before. As expected, Ginny was more than thrilled to hear about just how eventful it had been.

"So this means you guys talked? You and Malfoy, I mean."

Hermione bit her lip. "Not exactly. I mean...I don't know...not really. We didn't profess our love to each other, if that's what you're wondering."

"You just snogged each other senseless." Ginny sighed and looked deep in thought, as if she were imagining what it had been like. "That must have been hot."

Hermione couldn't help but smile a very big smile. "Yes...actually, it was. It was the first time I've kissed Malfoy without being under the influence of a love potion and...I have to say...I enjoyed it."

Ginny squealed again, this time with Hermione squealing right along with her.

"Looks like we've come at a bad time," a voice muttered behind them.

Hermione spun around to see her two best friends standing there, looking at the girls with ill expressions on their faces. Neither Harry nor Ron particularly liked getting involved in "girl moments".

"Harry! Ron!" Hermione exclaimed. She jumped up from the couch, ran over to them and pulled them into a group hug.

"Erm..." Harry said, looking uncomfortable. "What's with her?" he asked Ginny over Hermione's shoulder.

"I'll let her tell you herself," Ginny said, smiling. "I don't want you two killing the messenger."

"Uh-oh," said Ron, quickly escaping Hermione's grasp. "What does she mean by that?"

Hermione shot a glare over at Ginny. Now she would have to tell Harry and Ron, or else they would annoy her until she did. "Um...well..." She sighed. She had been hoping she wouldn't have to tell them about Malfoy. Mainly because she didn't know what there was to tell. But for the time being, all she said was, "Well, there's a small possibility that Malfoy and I don't loathe each other after all."

Both Harry and Ron simultaneously looked horrified. Hermione ignored them and continued: "We kissed last night..."

A deafening silence filled the room. Harry and Ron just stood there, their jaws practically hitting the floor, until Ginny finally spoke up and said, "Hey, why don't we all go down to Hogsmeade?"

Hermione glanced nervously between Harry and Ron. "Harry? Ron? Please say something."

"I think going to Hogsmeade is a splendid idea," Harry said flatly.