Chapter 14: A Dragon and a Son of Poseidon

Percy’s POV

Whispers buzzed all around us as we sat down for dinner in the Great Hall. Believe me, it was not at all pleasant. In fact, the students didn’t seem to care that we were hearing everything they said. It was as if they were hoping that we would hear it and spill the full story.

Harry’s hands were trembling so much in anger that he had to lay down his knife and fork. “What I don’t get, is why they all believed the story two months ago when Dumbledore told them ... “ Harry said in a shaking voice.

“The thing is, Harry, I’m not sure they did. Oh let’s get out of here.” Hermione snapped as the muttering continued.

The three of them got up and left the hall together, with stares aimed at them from all direction. I watched them leave, fighting the urge to follow; they probably need some time alone to discuss about it. After all, it was a very tough time for the trio.

“Why are these people so thick in the head? They act like Harry wasn’t even there!” Annabeth muttered irritably, stabbing her fork down into apple pie.

“They want information firsthand and they won’t be satisfied until they get some,” Clarisse growled, shooting a glare at a nearby group of students who kept glancing at us and muttering behind their hands.

“Gods, they are so insensitive.” Thalia frowned.

“I miss camp,” Tyson said, looking a little down.

“Cheer up, big guy. We’ll be able to visit it sometime.” I patted Tyson on the back.

“Yes brother. Soon.” He smiled hopefully.

“Let’s get out of here.” Nico muttered, getting more and more irritable by the second, due to the amount of mutters increasing as more looks were shot our way.

“Good idea. All this buzzing is driving me crazy,” Annabeth agreed, standing up, causing another new wave of mutters to sweep across the hall.

We followed her out of the hall and up to the common room. Unfortunately for us, it did not stop there. Students who had already finished dinner were hanging out by the fireplace and all talk ceased when we entered. I tried to ignore the stares but it was hard to when all eyeballs were trained on you. It felt like they were trying penetrate my skull for some kind of information or something. Believe me, it was uncomfortable.

It was a relief to finally enter the quiet atmosphere of our own dormitory. There were no mutters, no stares; just peace. It was the best thing I could ever want at the moment.

“Goodnight, world,” Grover sighed happily and fell asleep.

I sat on the edge of my bed and just watched as everybody else got ready for bed. Although it was still early, it had been a long day and we were all mentally exhausted. Especially during the toad’s lesson. Now that had physically sapped all my energy not to run my sword through her.

I pulled the curtains around me and fell asleep.

                                                          ********************

The next day, we had Charms and Transfiguration, followed by Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology. The day was just as gloomy as the previous and Harry, Ron and Hermione were anxious over one of their friend who apparently, was also a teacher and had been missing. According to them, he was on a mission for Dumbledore.

After having some breakfast; in which Ron and Hermione somehow managed to be angry at each other yet again, we headed off to Charms which was succeeded by Transfigurations. Both lessons began with the teachers, Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagall, giving a fifteen minute lecture on the important of the wizarding test, OWLs.