Chapter 26: Rescue Mission Begin(?)

A/N: Okay before I start, can I just ask whether any of you read the latest book, House of Hades? IT'S BLOODY BRILLIANT. Except for one thing *cough cough*. I am really starting to regret writing in Nico's POV because that changes EVERYTHING. I have now learned my lesson to not write in one's POV where I am not familiar with that character. Pffft. No worries, I'm going back to change everything about Nico when this book is done and ready to be edited. You guys who have read the book, you know what I'm talking about don't you? Don't spoiler for those who haven't read it! ;)

*Not edited*

Read, comment and vote <3

Nico’s POV

“I wonder how Hagrid’s doing. I hope he’s okay,” Grover said quietly as we trudged through the forest.

“I think he’ll be fine. He’s sure to be heading to the Order,” I answered before muttering sullenly, “if only he hadn’t left us Grawp though.”

“Grawp’s not that bad…” Grover defended him, but he sounded uncertain and fearful, and his voice trailed off into silence.

We continued trekking our way into the forest without another word to each other. Tyson was back in the Gryffindor dormitory, doing gods-know-what and when we had left, the rest of the group had just about finished sitting for their final exam, History of Magic. They should be joining us soon as we had left only about three minutes ago. My thoughts couldn’t help but wander back to Percy, my hands unconsciously clenching into fists. No matter how much I wish I could just forget, I still worried for him and it was killing me that I don’t know what happened. They weren’t dead; that was the only thing I knew. It was now June, a month or so since Fred and George had left so it had been about two months since they had went missing.

The only reason why we were going to see Grawp, Hagrid’s half brother of a giant, was because Hagrid himself wasn’t around to do that. Hagrid had been chased off by that evil hag of a toad, Umbridge the night before when he refused to go quietly. He had gotten the sack from her and everybody knew it was a fluke because, okay, maybe he wasn’t exactly the world’s greatest teacher but he knew his stuff and he was only fired because Umbridge didn’t like half-breeds.

“Hey, are you sure the centaurs wouldn’t come and chase us off?” Grover suddenly asked in a low voice, breaking the silence between us.

“Nah, they were only after Hagrid because he helped out Firenze. We’re ‘innocents’ as they kindly put it, so they wouldn’t hurt us,” I said, pushing back some shrubbery as twigs snapped under my feet. The centaurs had ambushed Hagrid the last time they were here but didn’t attack only because Hermione and Harry had been with him and they were apparently ‘innocents’.

We walked for another three more minutes before Grover spoke up again, sounding even more uncertain than before. “Uh, are you sure we’re going the right way?”

I stopped in my tracks, turning around to stare at him. “I thought you were leading the way?”

“No, I thought you knew where you were going!” Grover retorted, slight panic evident in his tone.

“Well, I was following you all this while!”

“Great,” Grover groaned. “Just great. We’re probably lost and now we have to retrace back to the start.”

“Well, how were we supposed to know?” I muttered irritably, turning back on my heels and beginning to go back the way we came. “Hagrid only led Harry and Hermione through here. When they asked us to go accompany Grawp, I thought they told you how and where were we supposed to go.”