Chapter 31: Back to Camp Half-Blood

A/N: I've updated chapter 29! If you guys don't remember James Hethon, just read back chapter 18, chapter 24 and chapter 29. If you guys remembered who he was, just read chapter 29 then :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy’s POV

“I still can’t believe you’re leaving, mate,” Ron sighed, adjusting his position on the hospital bed. “It’s going to be rather boring without you lot, that’s for sure.”

We were all gathered in the hospital wing, two days after being told to return home. Ron and Hermione were still bedridden and were already bored with staying there. Harry was on a chair between their beds, his face a blank mask as he stared down at his hands that were resting atop his lap. A pang of sadness and regret hit me. Somehow, it still seemed unreal that Sirius was really gone for good.

Tyson was talking quietly with Nico in a corner; the both of them looked rather sombre. Thalia had already said her goodbyes in the morning and headed off with the Hunters, though they were still at camp, waiting to leave the next day instead. Clarisse and Annabeth were both still at the dorms, doing gods know what. Grover was perched at the end of Ron’s bed, deep in thought.

“Yeah, looks like it’s goodbye,” I sighed, glancing at Harry out of the corner of my eye. He didn’t move.

“It’s not like we can’t contact each other though,” Hermione said matter-of-factly. “We could still send you letters and you could do your weird Iris Messaging thing.”

“I’ve always wondered though, is it possible if we’re not wizards and you’re not demigods,” I mused.

“Wouldn’t know if we didn’t try,” Harry finally spoke up but his voice was quiet.

We sat there for awhile more in silence before Grover sighed and finally stood up. “It’s almost time for us to leave. Dumbledore would be waiting for us in his office.”

I nodded and stood up too, Nico and Tyson noticing us and following our lead. I stepped over to Ron and patted him on the back. “Take care, dude –“ I leaned in close to his ear, “–and take care of Harry for us, yeah?”

He gave a slight nod before shoving me away, grinning weakly.

I left his bed and went over to Hermione, giving her a hug. “Thanks for helping us with so much,” I smiled gratefully before a grin made its way onto my face, “and for all the nagging you did.”

I got a punch on the shoulder for that. Worth it.

I turned over to Harry last. He had finally looked up from his hands and was simply looking at me. I gave him a faint smile and clapped him on the shoulder, “Stay safe, man. If you ever need help, just give us a call and we’ll be there.”

“Thanks, mate,” he said, giving me a small smile of his own.

By this time, Nico, Grover and Tyson had also wrapped up their own goodbyes. We said one last farewell and left the room, shutting the doors of the infirmary softly behind us. We proceeded to the Great Hall in silence, where Annabeth and Clarisse had agreed to wait for us. Apparently, the both of them had already spoken to the trio while we were still at breakfast and so, had already said their goodbyes. The other friends we had made, we had already said our goodbyes the day before. The only ones we hadn’t were the trio but now, that was done as well.