Chapter 13: First Day Back

Percy's POV

As I thought, the lesson was excruciatingly long and extremely boring. Harry and Ron spent the whole lesson playing hangman out of the corner of a parchment while Hermione shot glares at them. Annabeth's head was resting on my shoulder and we were relaxing. Every single demigod was restless and kept fidgeting. Not that it mattered, every single student were either asleep, bored, playing a fool, or just plain not paying attention.

"One fact about wizards learned. Everybody hates History of Magic," I muttered to Nico, who snorted in laughter, earning us a glare from Annabeth.

"Quiet! I'm trying to hear what Binns is saying," She scolded us in a whisper.

"Yeah, you and Hermione both. Ever realised that nobody else is paying any attention?" I asked her, laughing.

"Oh shut your face, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth told stiffly, sitting up straight and folding her arms across her chest. "Isn't the whole point of us coming here is to learn more about wizards? And now you're not even making an effort!"

"Sorry," I apologised. "But this lesson is soooo boring! It's killing me!"

"How do you think I feel? This isn't exactly a piece of cake for me either. I have ADHD and dyslexia just like you, Percy!" She huffed at me, annoyance creeping into her voice.

"Well, you are a child of Athena. Shouldn't you like this kind of stuff?" I asked her.

Bad move. Annabeth's eyes flashed dangerously as her expression turned cold. "So because I'm a child of Athena, you expect me to accomplish everything on my own?"

"What? No! Of course not! I'm just saying that you're the smartest of all of us, so you should be able to understand everything better than all of us plus together." I told her soothingly.

To my satisfaction, her expression softened although it still looked a little irritated. "You sure are smooth, Percy." She laughed. "But pay attention to the lesson or I won't go easy on you at training later." With a small smirk, she turned her back towards me.

Nico snickered at my uncomfortable expression. Everybody knew I could rarely beat Annabeth in a fight unless I doused myself in water but that was unlikely to happen here. Not that she would allow me to.

To my relief, lesson ended five minutes later. Seems like we spent at least three-quarters of the time daydreaming or just fooling around before Annabeth exploded on me. Not that I was looking forward to the next class. Harry and Ron filled me in on the classes in Hogwarts and their teachers and it seemed that Monday was killer.

We walked off into the courtyard which was damped because a fine misty drizzle was falling. I looked around in interest; having arriving late, I haven't gotten bearings of my surroundings yet and would not to be able count the amount of times I would have gotten lost if my friends weren't around me. I tried to ignore the stares and mutters coming from all directions but it was hard, considering the fact that we were newbies and hanging out with the Boy who Lived who apparently was off his rocker as well.

We made our way to a secluded corner under a heavily dripping balcony. Ron, Hermione and Harry started discussing about what a professor named Snape was about to set them in the first lesson of the year. They simultaneously agreed that it was bound to be something nasty. I grimaced at the thought of that even though I wasn't going to be concocting any potions. The professor must be a piece of work if even Hermione wrinkled her nose at the mention of him.

I turned to Annabeth and was about to start asking her about the possibility of returning to Camp Half-Blood when school releases, when a pretty Asian girl approached us from a corner. Her eyes darted nervously towards us bunch of demigods (especially Clarisse who would look intimidating to anyone who doesn't know her) before landing on Harry. And staying there.