Chapter 25

Snarling with a light hiss, I don’t normally run from rogues but this is not a good time for me. Without being able to shift, I’ve at risk of not healing the way I should. Before getting wolf I would have been fine, my body was in a sleep mode. Where wolf would be on auto to heal me, reason why my father didn’t really care to much when I broke a bone or cut a deep gash on myself.

    “I’m warning you, BACK OFF!” Growling. He froze before laughing, looking over his shoulder.
    “You hear that boys, she wants us to back off” Hissing my threat, as he turned back around flashing his black eyes at me.

Shit!….

Thanks to mindless hours of training, from my father I was well aware of my surrounds. As I’m sure these mindless buffoons were not, there only thought process was raping me. Slipping my foot under a fallen branch, I left my legs do all the work. The branch flew into the air, as my other leg swung around kicking into the human rogues face. As it shattering against his blocking arm, I took off running.

“GET HER!” He screamed, sending his so called pack after me. If I was bored before, I sure as hell wasn’t anymore. Hell this was not what I wanted to do with my free time, should of just read that stupid book for a third time.

My knee popped as I slammed my feet into the soft ground, it was clear the wind breaker had to go. Ripping the zipper clear off, I let the light blue pieces fly behind me. As luck would have it, the bigger piece hit a wolf in the head making him run into a tree to shake it off. Laughing cause that was just to damn funny, I moved faster as their growls were less pleased with the out come. Hey not my fault, I wasn’t trying to make him run in a tree.

Launching my feet off the ground, so I could clear a fallen tree I barely made the simple jump. Their thundering paws rippled the leaves, as heavier panting seemed to make me more uncomfortable. The trail turned sharply as they kept right up with me, if I didn’t find an end to this I was going to be in serious trouble.

~Jackson~

Being called away for a small issue was normal, but I wasn’t prepared for the understand of rogues setting foot close by. This wasn’t a matter I took lightly, my pack hadn’t see a rogue in years. Mostly because I made it a clear statement to hang their bloody head just outside my territory. Seems I need to do that again, talking with my Beta and Enforcer Sam walks by. Pausing as he over hears, his face pales catching my attention.

    “Something on your mind Sam?” He’s been a good judge of character ever since he was born, the boy has a knack for getting info when no one else can. Part of the reason I made him Fina’s personal assistant, that and he’s not stupid enough to try to take her from me.
    “Alpha I heard you talk about rogues, are they close?” He gulps, which doesn’t seem like him. Sam’s a good fighter, if I didn’t already have an Enforcer or Fina, he’d be in line.

    “Not that we know of, but their to close to the south border.” My brow raises, as he starts to sweat.
    “Alpha….Fina went for a run on the south end” I watched as the walls started to melt, while the sounds of my Beta turned to a Charlie brown teacher. Feeling sick and anger, I growled out.
    “GET THE FIGHTERS, TO THE SOUTH SIDE NOW!” Roaring out, as Kem took off running for the guards room. Sam was shaking, but as of right now I don’t even have time to scream at him. My Enforcer has already gathered my men, as the sheer size of them is enough to scare off even the smartest of rogues. As we head to the south side of the buildings, a scout comes back. He shakes his head, looking grey.

    “Ryder, what is it?” Kem asks, seeing as how I’m seeing red.
    “This” Holding up a light blue wind breaker, her smell pouring off it along with another wolfs. Grabbing the jacket I check for blood, but find none.

    “I want those bastards heads, you hear me?” Looking around at the fighters. Nodding all at the same time, we send half out to locate them while the rest stay with me. The thunder storm has gotten here early, as the down pour of rain beats down on my back. it’s a welcome to cool my temper, but will not aid Fina if she were to slip. The scout Ryder points to the map where he found the jacket, as the fighter link us letting us know where they have already covered.

~Fina~

The rain was now soaking my clothes, weighing me down. It was however weight them down as well, but not nearly as much as I wished. Dipping past two large oaks, my body was growing tired as they didn’t seem to falter. A whiff of something strong, made me shiver. War bear that smell could only belong to one of their kind, it was a very strong musk scent. One I would never forget, at least not after my first encounter with one. I just prayed I could use him to my advantage, pushing into a thick of bushes catching a sight of the large brown fur ball.