Chapter 7

Lacing my hands on her lower back, she seemed perfectly content pushing herself into me. Those slender finger twitched as she laced them together. She smelled like mint and lemons, something about the two worked for her.

    “You look stunning” Having to lean down to her. The red blush darkened as she thanked me. Had this beauty never received a complement before. She looked about ready to pass out, and it worried me greatly. Not that I wouldn’t mind picking her up, and running out of here like the devil himself was licking at my boots. She needed some air, and I couldn’t agree more. Leaning against the railing, her grey eyes looked me over. It was rewarding to have her checking me out, without so much as a hindrance.

    “Better?” I asked, hoping she wasn’t to upset we ended our dance.
    “Much” Smiling ever so sweetly.
    “You seem to lack, the excitement the other woman have for this?” Taking notes to watch her face, as she didn’t give off that her wolf was around. Kem had mentioned her wolf, seeming distant and was curious about it.

    “I have a confession” Titling her head, in a playful manor.
    “Oh?” God I was already hooked.
    “I don’t care for these things, there more bothersome then enjoyable” Ohh thank god, someone else who feels my pain. Her giggle was cute, as I smiled looking her over once more.
    “I’d have to agree with you Fina. These things aren’t my idea of a good time” Leaning against the railing with her, we watched everyone dance around. She started laughing, finding it a little odd I asked.
    “Something funny?”
    “I was just thinking” Turning to give me the full view of her swirling grays.
    “Do tell?” Feeling the pull of her.
    “How pissed would they be, if we pulled the fire alarm?” She’s something else, I wouldn’t of thought of that.

    “I do believe they’d piss themselves” Chuckling as I watch her face, so full of amusement.
    “Yes, but no one would be the wiser, as they would all be soaked.” Covering her mouth, laughing though it. I so wanted to remove her hand, letting her laugher spill over me.
    “Very true” Humming as I looked at the people.
    “So Jackson, what pack are you and Kem from?” Now I was worried, if the pack name was enough to scare her it would be all over.
    “Where from Green wood” I watched as she gulped. Not a good sign.
    “Are you scared of me now?” Feeling scared of her answer.
    “No, but I heard your Alpha was a hard ass.” Smiling at least she’s not scared.
    “That he is” Keeping my rep in tack.

    “Your territory is right up against the Dark forest, is it not?” Nodding I pulled myself onto the railing.
    “It is, but there isn’t anything to fear from the Dark forest”
    “Ha tell that to our elders” Scoffing, I took her hand. Their so much smaller, and softer then mine.
    “Are you always this blunt about things?” Leaning a little closer to her.
    “I try to be”

    “How do you like being in the River Stone pack?” I watched as her face wrinkled, and she seemed to be thinking of the best answer.
    “Honestly?” Raising her eyebrow.
    “Would you have it any other way?” She smiled shaking her head.
    “I don’t want to be there anymore, I mean my parents are there. But I don’t feel like its my home.” Her hand roamed though her dark curls, making me envious.
    “Why not join another pack?” Watching her expression, she shrugged.

“Never gave it much thought, besides I heard there is a lot of paperwork for a unmated new member. Its possible I wouldn’t be excepted.” At least she knew about the laws, perhaps her father was a councilman. Nah! That didn’t seem like her style.
    “I could fix that” Watching as her face lights up. I could get use to that.
    “Huh? How?”
    “The Alpha is a hard ass, but he’d agree to have you” Dropping down, standing as close as I could to her.
    “Really?” Hopping up and down, which was distracting as her breasts did the same.