Chapter 24

Grabbing my wallet and cell, he stood up again reminding me how small I was. Taking my hand walking out, he closed my door behind us. Kissing my hand, causing me to feel a little nervous. Alpha Serge had stayed the night, along with a few of his pack members.
    “Morning, love birds” He chirped from the living room, reading a newspaper. Jackson growled, huffing out his annoyance leading me downstairs.
    “Morning” Being polite for both of us.
    “Where you two off to?” Looking at his watch.
    “Breakfast” Jackson growled, pulling out his keys from his deep pocket.

“Well good to see your feeding her, I was worried for your health love” Winking at me. Moving me closer his side, Jackson snarled at Serge. Chuckling it off Serge went back to his paper, leaving us to walk outside.
    “Why don’t you like him?” I asked as he opened my door to the Cutlass.
    “How said I don’t?”
    “You. That way you act I mean” Slipping my legs onto the floor board. Closing my door her rounded the car, getting to his seat.
    “He’s a special kind of friend. One I need to make sure doesn’t over step his welcome” Starting up the engine.

Something about that didn’t make any sense, why was Jackson putting Alpha Serge in his place. Wasn’t the Alpha’s job, not Jackson’s? Looking my way, he caused me to forget about what I was thinking as the heat from his eyes pushed all reality out the damn window. He soon brought up a new topic, bringing me back.

    “How’s the nursery coming along?”
    “Good, I need to sketch out the last three walls”
    “Really?” His eye turned to me, before looking at the road.
    “Yea. Sam said it looks good so far” The low rumble didn’t go unnoticed, but I didn’t say anything.
    “Sam saw it?” Gripping the steering wheel.
    “Yes, he came to get me for dinner” Nodding his grip loosened.

Interesting…….

Pulling the car into a small lot, killing the engine he quickly got out opening my door. Smiling as I took his hand, he again kissed it. Walking up the pathway to the small dinner, opening the door for me again.

    “Thank you” Moving a piece of hair behind my ear.
    “Your welcome” Wrapping his arm around me waist, as a petite girl walked over.
    “Good morning, just two?” Looking mostly at Jackson.
    “Yes” He answered, tightening his grip on me.
    “This way” Grabbing two menus, showing us where we would sit. Placing the menu’s down, she held on to his body for dear life. I caught my lip raising in a wolf fashion, before I bit it back down. As I was about to sit on the opposite side of him, he quickly scooped me next to him. The waitress frowned a little, before walking away.

    “What was that for?” Whispering, as I held my menu.
    “I didn’t like the look she was giving you, besides I’m not interested in her”  Draping an arm over my shoulder, holding the menu with his other hand. Pride shown all over my face, as I’d never once had a man want me for his own. Leaning my head on his shoulder, he kissed the top before closing his menu.
    “Know what you want?” He asked.
    “Yes” Closing mine as well.

A male walked up holding a pen and pad, smiling at the both of us.
    “Hello I’m Rick, what can I get you two this morning” Jackson turned to me, nodding to give my order first.
    “Can I get the 3A with a coffee”
    “Sure thing, how would you like your eggs?”
    “Scrambled” Jackson kept his eyes on me.
    “And for you sir?”

    “The Texan with coffee as well” Handing the man our menu’s.
    “Good choice, I’ll be right back with your coffees” Taking the menu’s he walked away. The quiet talk around the dinner was calming, as we sat in comfortable silence. Rick soon returned with two hot cups of coffee, and a awards winning smile. Dropping a few sugars and cream, I stirred mine till it got a nice light tan color. Jackson took his black with two sugars. Sipping causally I turned to him, I had wanted to know more about the Alpha.
    “Jackson?”