Chapter 15

Monday, October 21, 2002

Yn's POV

    I shook my head apologetically. Honestly,  Deshawn was cute, but I heard he was trouble. I wasn't tryna get into all that.

    "Fine," Deshawn said, backing off. "You ain't even that cute anyway." He walked off behind me, grabbing my ass as he turned to stand beside Q. My eyes widened and so did Kendrick's and Jojo's.

    "OH!! HELLLLLLL NOOO!!" Jojo yelled, lifting his arms and walking around himself. "Someone hold me back, " he said softly. "SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK!!" He yelled as he ran head first into Deshawn's abs.

    "Awww!!" Deshawn shouted in pain. He tried pushing lil dude's head off of him, but Jojo didn't budge. He just swung at him, left and right. Eventually, Q and Kendrick peeled Jojo off of him. Deshawn stood up straight, held his stomach and asked, "What was that for?!"

    "Nigga, what?!" I asked. I slapped him across the face nicely and said, "You ain't slick." Kendrick chuckled. "Anyways, " I said giving Deshawn a dirty look, then turning my attention back to Kendrick. "We gotta go, Kendrick. See ya, tomorrow?"

    "Yeah, see ya," he said. He gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. I started "blushing". Nigga, why you always do that?! I thought. Stop leading me on! I just wanted to cry, knowing that he probably didn't like me like that.

    "Bye, Yn," Q said,  giving me a hug. I found it odd, but I didn't care. Q was cool.

    "Bye, Q," I sung. Malik and Deshawn just stood there and stared. "Bye, Malik," I sang, waving to him and walking off. Malik ain't say nothing.

    "Bye, Yn," Deshawn sang. I guessed he was imitating me, so I shot him the finger.

    "Bye, Jojo!" Kendrick and Q yelled as we got further and further down the street.

    "Shut up!!" Jojo replied. We heard Kendrick and Q laugh and I laughed along also.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

    Once we got to Enterprise Park, Jojo met his friend, Kenton, at the baseball diamond.

    "'Sup, Jojo," Kenton said.

    "'Sup," Jojo said as he dapped Kenton. "We playin' catch?"

    "Let's do it." Kenton handed Jojo a baseball glove and they started playing catch. I made my way over to a nearby bench, so that I could sit while watching after them.

    I sat down, reminiscing on all the things that happened today. First, I remembered Kaelynn coming up to me and confronting me about ditching her. Honestly, I didn't even notice I was ditching her. The first time I met Kendrick, she ditched me for Malik, so what was the difference? Whatever happened to them anyways? I thought. And why the f*ck is Malik acting so weird? All I did was slap him. Like, damn, he deserved it. He shouldn't have been all up on me like that. That night was just sad. But Kendrick looked good. Ooh, he was fine. I ain't gon' lie, Q was lookin' alright, too. Even today. I never really noticed before, though. He's sweet, too. But, Deshawn, though. He ain't ugly. But ol' dude wasn't gettin' the message. He was a little pushy, like nigga, let me breath. Then there's Johnny. Well, Jay. I don't know. Am I allowed to call him that? I don't actually care, Imma call him Jay in my head. But, he's fine. Like, real fine. I giggled to myself. Soul's cute. He just adorable, I don't know. It's too bad him and Jay weren't with Q today. I'll just talk to them at school, tomorrow. Kendrick's Pops is real cool, too. He seems nice. So does Mr. Williston.

    Out of nowhere, a ball hit me on the head. "Ow!" I yelled, rubbing my head. I looked around and realized something. "Jojo?" I asked, looking around. "Kenton?.... Jojo?!" I yelled. I started freaking out. "Jojo, where are you?!" I yelled as I ran around looking for them. Oh, my God, this can not be happening! I thought. I checked under tables, under benches, behind trees. I ran into the mens' bathroom looking for the two. "Jojo!! Kenton!!" I couldn't find them anywhere. I ran over to some kids playing near the area where Jojo and Kenton were. "Hey! Hey!!" They turned to look at me. "Have y'all. Seen. Two boys." I was panting hard. I was so winded. "Two little boys, 8 years old. They about this tall," I used my hand to describe how tall they were. "They're black. You seen 'em?!"

    "No." Three of them shook their heads.

    "You mean Jojo and Kenton?" one girl said. I nodded my head. My heart melted as hope started to fill me up. "Yeah. Last time I seen 'em, they was talking to this tall, foiine ass brotha over by the baseball diamond." I scrunched my eyebrows. The f*ck this girl talkin' about? I thought. Foiine ass brotha? This girl's like 7 years old. Lord, have mercy. "After that, they was gone. Jojo, Kenton and that beautiful nigga, too." I squatted down to her level.

    "Do you know where they went?"

    "Did you not just here me? They disappeared! Just like that." She rolled her neck and snapped her fingers.

    "So you ain't seen 'em leave?" I asked. The girl rolled her eyes. I sucked my teeth. "Ok." I stood up and went to go ask some other people. I saw Deshawn near the entrance of the park. I ran over to him. "Yo, you seen my brother?" His eyes widened, then he started chuckling.

    "You for real?" he asked.

    "Yes," I said, catching my breath. "I lost him and his friend. You seen him or not?!"

    "No," he said. Then, he started laughing.

    "The f*ck you laughin' about?" I asked. I was starting to get annoyed. My brother and his friend were lost and he was there laughing. A tear fell from my eyes. I was so mad.

    Deshawn's face slowly became serious. "Look, I'm sorry." He stared at me for a little longer. Another tear fell from my eyes. Then another. I wiped them a way. "I... I gotta go," he said. With that, he left. I cried even more. I wiped my face.

    Yn, get it together! I thought. Come on. I'll find them. It's ok. He's somewhere here. I'm sure of it. I started walking around. I looked every where, twice. Come on, Yn. Tears started rolling down my face again. I wiped my face. Lord, I prayed, please let me find Jojo and Kenton. Please, please! I kept wiping my face. Why is this happening?! I thought as I searched and searched. It was starting to get dark out. I checked my watch. 8:27. "Damn it!" I screamed under my breath. More tears ran down my face. I decided to give up. There was nothing more I could do. I was already an hour and a half late. Lord, please don't let my parents kill me. Don't let me die!

    The walk home was terrible. All I could think about were the two boys wandering around helplessly and the Devil whispering in my ear, "I hope you're having fun doing the walk of shame." F*ck you, Satan, I thought. I cried and cried. I looked up at the sky. The sunset was so beautiful, but it wasnt beautiful enough to keep me from hating myself.

    I walked up to the front door and took out my keys. I unlocked the door, opened it and entered.

....

....

....

....

What y'all think? What do you think happened to Jojo and Kenton? Let me know. :) Also, should I make the chapters longer or is this ok? Anyway, thank you for reading and showing me love. Don't forget to vote and comment or whatever. Love ya! ♡