Chapter 10

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Kendrick's POV

I sat there, freaking out. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!! WHAT THE F*CK!! WHAT'S HAPPENING! JESUS CHRIST!!"

Jay and Ab tried to pin me down. "Calm down, nigga!" Jay yelled.

"CALM DOWN?!" I yelled back at him. I stared him right in the eyes. "NIGGA, THERE IS FOAM COMIN' OUT OF MY MOUTH!! THE F*CK YOU MEAN, 'CALM DOWN'?!" I was jumping out of my seat trying to free myself from Ab and Jay's grip. By then, everyone was crowding around us trying to find out what was happening. Q, high as f*ck, just sat and laughed at me. I was pissed the f*ck off.

Yn and Kaelynn came rushing through the crowd to get to me. Yn looked panicked and concerned. "Kendrick!! Kendrick, are you ok?!" she asked, on the verge of crying.

"NO, I'M NOT OK!!" I yelled as foamy white discharge came running down my chin. I was scared as f*ck. I didn't know what was happening. I couldn't tell what was gonna happen. Looking back, the feelings I was having at that moment seem really stupid. But the struggle was real. The stress was real. The veins popping out of my neck and arms were real.

Roscoe came through the crowd with a glass bottle in one hand and some paper towel in the other. There was no label on the bottle, but it had a clear liquid inside of it. When he got to me, Q took the bottle out of Roscoe's hand and drank some.

"Nigga, pass Dot the bottle. Dayum," Roscoe said sternly. "You ain't the one that got f*cked up." Q just stared at him, still drinking slowly from the bottle. Roscoe continued, "Niggas always tryna act unsensitive and sh*t."

"Nigga that ain't no word," Q said.

"Nigga, shut up!" Roscoe snapped at him with a dirty look. He grabbed the half empty bottle out of Q's hand. Then he turned and knelt down beside me. "Dot, you good, my nigga?" He wiped the foam away from my mouth with the paper towel the best he could and then said, "Don't even trip, just lay back and drink that." He handed me the bottle and I did as he said. The drink was strong, like really strong. I was gonna ask him what it was, but I was too tired to say anything.

Roscoe stood up, faced the crowd and said, "It's all good, y'all! Go back to partying!" The music went back on and everyone turned up again. All except Yn and Kaelynn. I looked at Yn. Her head was resting on her arms which were resting on the couch's arm. She smiled a little, then touched my face.

"You good?" she asked. I nodded my head softly. "Good," she said, still smiling. We stared at each other for a little while longer. Then I looked away, took another sip of the drink and enjoyed the music.

Yn's POV

I couldn't even believe what had happened. I kept mentally beating myself up about it. This would've never happened if I never brought him in the first place.

I stroked his cheek with my fingertips. "I'm sorry, Kendrick," I whispered in his ear. "I'm sorry." He didn't say anything. He just layed there, chill than a muhf*cka.

"Yn. . . Yn. . . Hello?" It took me a while, but I finally realized that Kaelynn was calling me. I guess I got lost in my thoughts. I do that a lot.

With out turning around to face her, I said, "Yeah, Kae?"

"Can we dance now? He's okay, he's not dying."

I turned around, irritated as f*ck. "You can go. I'm staying here."

She crossed her arms and gave me a dirty look. "I don't wanna dance by myself." I just shrugged and turned my attention back to Kendrick. "Fine!" she said, and stormed off. "Hey, Sharnice!" I heard her say in the background.