Chapter 7

Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Kendrick's POV

    "Do you... Do you like me?" she asked.

    "Like... as a friend?" I asked. Honestly, I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know if I liked her or not. I never really thought about it. I didn't want things to get more awkward than it already was so I just kept staring at my notepad.

    "No..." she said, quietly. We sat there silently, looking away from each other. 

    After a couple seconds, I said, "You mean 'like-like'?" I looked at my notepad.

    "Yeah," she said. She was still staring at the opposite direction.

    "Well, we've only known each other for less than 2 days." We both sat there in yet another awkward silence. Damn it! Why'd I say that? I got real mad at myself for that comment. All of a sudden she started laughing. "What is it?" I asked as I turned to face her.

    "Nothing," she replied. Then she stopped laughing, looked at me, and started laughing again. This time she laughed harder.

    "What?!" I asked. I put down my notepad and just stared at her.

    "Nothing!" she yelled. She was barely able to talk because she was laughing so hard. I got on my knees and grabbed her arms.

    "Tell me!!" I yelled, shaking her playfully. She just kept on laughing. I could tell that she was trying to say something, but the words couldn't come out. I kept shaking her. "Tell me! Tell me!!"

    I sort of lost balance and fell on top of her. We ended up lying on the ground with my hands still on her arms. Our faces were really close together. I stared into her eyes and got lost for a second. I could feel her heartbeat going a little faster on my chest. She was still laughing, not as much as before, though. She slowly stopped laughing and stared in to my eyes.

    "Kendrick?" she said quietly. "You're crushing me..."

    "Oh! Sorry." I completely forgot I was on top of her. I rolled off of her, onto her right side and layed down beside her. She giggled a little bit.

    "You're so childish." She said with a smirk as she looked at me.

    "I know." I said, grinning. I looked at her. "Why were you laughing, anyway?" I was still very curious.

    "I was laughing at your ears." She said, laughing some more. Honestly, her laugh was gorgeous.

    "Are my ears that funny?" I asked, touching them.

    "Yeah," she said with a smile. She touched my left ear and said, "but they're cute." Then she giggled a little more.

    The bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. We both got up and took our stuff.

    "It was nice talking to you again," I said, smiling.

    "Yeah," she said. "See you around." She smiled and turned around to walk off to her next class. I watched her walk away. I smiled to myself and made my way to my locker.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Yn's POV

    I was walking home after school when all of a sudden I hear someone yell my name. I turned around and saw Kendrick jogging up to me. He actually looked adorable smiling the way he did as he approached me. We stood together in the middle of the side walk.