Chapter 19: Betrayal

COVER MADE BY RandomGirl98 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Recap:

Charlotte's identity was discovered after a catastrophic event; where Megan - Trent's obsessive, stubborn ex - ripped her hood off. The consequences were inevitable and they were utterly impossible to escape; Charlotte was shot by a silver bullet (during her presentation in The Baring Ball) - the kryptonite of a werewolf's existence.

Trent was blinded by anger as he lashed out on any werewolf - even an Alpha - that dared to step in his way. Although, the moment he found out that Charlotte was still breathing, he abandoned all trivial emotions and rushed forward towards her, determined to save her.

When the doctors of all packs examined her - not only did they found out she was in a coma - they also found out she was a werewolf angel, the child of the famed Taken couple. Trent was surprised, shocked even but he promised to stay by her side with many intentions.

Traveling back to Charlotte's life - a whirlwind of ignorance, jubilation, and doubt - she finally learns that she's not a mistake. She's the conclusion to the enmity between the dark angels and the rest of the supernatural world (Super World War and Super World War II). She was destined to halt all the abomination and her world would be able to finally live in rejoice in prosperity. So she comes back to reality, more adamant than ever.

However, Charlotte must face many obstacles in order to be everyone's savior. Charlotte Taken is reborn and her life is about to get a lot more harder.

✘ unedited

Chapter 19: Betrayal

Charlotte's POV

My father always complimented my strength and passion when I was younger. He'd tell me if I ever dare to fight against hatred, there is but one weapon: love. It was surprising, dumbfounding that he would say that, he had been the most famous Alpha, after all. You would expect him to say something along the lines, "Whenever there's wrong, shift and be aware of your surroundings." 

In so doing, that is what I did; I fought with the power of love: for life, my parents, and freedom. However, there was one more love I had that prevails over all.

I blink. As I do so, I glance - almost desperately - around the room. For the first time, my vision is not faltered by the obstruction of my hood and I am grateful. My lungs burned; almost as if I had held in my breath the entirety of my cruel oblivion. The ache in my body was nearly irremediable and all I could do was wish for the tender pain to abate. 

I was alive - to say the least - and that was all that mattered. The silver had only stirred torment for my wolf side - Scarlett. Whereas, my angel side continued to be unscathed and intact. 

The single thought of being revived was astonishing - to the point where it was utterly unbelievable. It seemed like everything fell into piece like a puzzle causing me to be content, less vigilant. It wasn't until the sun peaked through the curtain, (that barricaded the window) revealing the distant sunset, when I knew everything had fell into place.

My mother often said my optimism got the best of me - to a dangerous extent. I hadn't got a clue what she meant by that; although, I do now. Because at this moment, with a smile etched on my face, I forgot about the world. I relished the moment where I was alive, breathing and convinced myself everything will get better.