Chapter 4: Discussions

Charlotte's POV

"Think fast!" I thought to myself. Then an idea popped into my head. Using my Alpha reflexes I quickly lifted my hand and grabbed Daniel's wrist in a blink of an eye. He stared at me wide eyed and winced. Oops, I was holding his wrist to hard. I quickly let go of his hand and nervously chuckled.

"Well. Uh, I'm going to bed. I'm quite tired." I notified. They simply nodded and looked at me in shock. I sighed, I already created problems for this family less than a day.

I quickly made my way towards my room. Then I stood in front of a perfect white door. I touched the door knob to feel the cold metal against my fingers. I sucked in my breath and opened the door. It was perfect. The walls were a violet color that gave you a homey feeling. The floor was made out of flawless granite tiles. one wall was a whole window that gave you a beautiful view of the forest.

"Wow." I breathed. It looked wonderful, it was wonderful. I went inside. My eyes stayed on the bed. I've never been on one ever since. I ran one finger along the silky comforters. I smiled. I quickly hopped onto it and slid in. It felt amazingly comfortable.

Soon after, I had no problem falling into a peaceful dreamless sleep. Something I haven't had in years.

Daniel's POV

"Charlotte, please take the hood off! I would love to see your face!" I said pleading.  I reached for her hood. She stiffened. Strange. As I moved my hand closer she started breathing harder and harder. What's wrong? I just wanted to see her face.

Suddenly, she did something none of us would have expected. Quicker than lightning, she grabbed my wrist while it was less than inches away from her hood. I gaped at her. Her hold on my wrist was extremely strong and caused me to wince. She seemed to notice because she grimaced and let go and began chuckling nervously.

"Well. Uh, I'm going to bed. I'm quite tired." She notified. We all silently nodded at her but in the inside we were all extremely shocked. She sighed and quickly made her way upstairs.

After she left the whole house was silent. I couldn't help but think of her smile. It was gorgeous. Not just gorgeous, it was perfect, flawless. She had a set of perfect straight white teeth. It brightened up the whole room. When she smiled...... It made everyone want to smile. 

My mom always said, "Beautiful smile, beautiful face." Her smile was more than beautiful, so what would her face look like? Why didn't she want me to see it? Was she hideous? Beautiful? Average? Why was I thinking about her this much? She was becoming my step sister! I can't go off having a silly school crush on her!

"She has Alpha gene." My dad said snapping me out of my thoughts. A couple seconds passed until I realized what he just said. She does! No wonder her grip was so strong! She could've broken my wrist in seconds with one hand! But somehow she felt much more powerful than our Alpha, or any..

"I know." My mom replied with a sigh. I didn't say anything. I wanted to listen what they were going to say.

"I know is all you're going to say!? Macy, you adopted a rogue for god's sake!" My dad shouted outraged. I was going to agree with him with that. She could've been a spy or something worse for all we know.

"Derek! Charlotte is not a rogue! Yes, she's a werewolf with very powerful Alpha genes but she's nothing more or less! She's been stuck in that hell hole called an orphanage for 13 years, Derek! 13 YEARS! She's far from a threat! Also explain to me how adopting one of those disgraceful humans back there would be any better!" My mom instructed.

My dad sighed, clearly frustrated. She had a point there. Charlotte already knew our secret, and we knew hers....... well some of it. It was better than revealing our secret to some human girl.

"But you do realize what her last name is, right?" Dad questioned. I looked at him confused. It was Taken so what? Wait. Taken as in John and Lucy Taken. They were the first werewolf and angel mates in the supernatural world. John was the bravest and the most admirable Alpha in the country and Lucy was the most kind and caring. And they were mates. But they were found and killed. 

Is it possible that they had a daughter? Charlotte.

My mom and I looked at him dumbfounded to see he was joking. His face had no sign of joking. His face stared hard at both of us. He was serious.

"Are you trying to say she's a w-werewolf a-angel?" I stuttered. When I read stories about them I thought they were myths. But maybe they weren't. They were supposed to be extremely powerful and attractive. They were even more powerful and better looking then 5 packs combined! And maybe one will be living with my family and I right now. 

My dad sighed and shook his head slowly. 

"I'm not sure, Daniel. But right now we need to learn to trust her and sooner or later we will have to introduce her to the Alpha Nick to see what he thinks." My dad responded. Alpha Nick was our pack's (Dark Shadow Pack, the strongest pack in the country) Alpha. He was also my best friend's, Trent Barks', dad.

I nodded while my mom suggested, "Lets go to sleep guys. It's getting late, we'll talk more about this later." I sighed while nodding, Dad doing the same. 

While we were going upstairs I kept wondering what she looked like. Why couldn't she show us her face? Did my mom see what she looked like?

"Hey mom, have you ever seen what Charlotte looks like? If  you didn't why wouldn't she let us?" I asked. My mom shook her head indicating she never seen her face.

"Sadly, I haven't. She said she wasn't ready to tell us. But I bet she is beautiful." My mom answered with a sweet smile before heading towards her bedroom while I head towards mine.

When I got into bed and got comfortable, I ran a hand through my soft shaggy blonde hair. My mom's words kept popping up into my mind.

"Sadly, I haven't. She said she wasn't ready to tell us. But I bet she is beautiful."

How would she know if she was beautiful or not? But, I could understand why. Her personality was amazing. Her smile was flawless. Her laugh was like music to my ears. Even her voice was angelic.

She was perfect even though I haven't seen her face. She wasn't even my mate and I'm having a tiny crush on her! My adopted sister! Ugh, I'm a guy, I'm always attracted to girls.. but to be honest, I  know is her mate is going to be one lucky guy.

I hoped you liked it! I've been getting so many reads which I'm so thankful for but please remember to vote! I'll be the happiest girl on earth! :D So remember to vote! - InfiniteWriterWorker / BrokenPencil

☑ VOTE

☑ COMMENT

☑ FAN