Chapter 6: Shopping

Chapter 6: Shopping

 Charlotte's POV

"So Trent was like, 'Dude! You have to do it to stop the bleeding!' and suddenly, he just stuck the tampon right up my nose! And he didn't even check if it was used or not that stupid idiot!" Daniel exclaimed, frustrated. He was telling me about the time when he had a nonstop nose bleed that went on for hours with our soon to be Alpha, Trent.

And trust me, it was very entertaining. I was having a nonstop laughing fit, imagining Daniel with used tampons up his nose. It would've looked extremely humiliating yet hilarious. I would've paid millions of dollars just to see it!

"Really?!?" I managed to say while laughing hysterically. My head rolled back trying to contain the laughter and surprisingly my hood stayed on as well. I glanced back at Daniel to see his face as red as a tomato, flushing from embarrassment.

"That's all I'd like to say." Daniel answered, attempting to do a 'Forrest Gump' accent. And trust me, if possible, I laughed even more. Snapping me out of my fit, Macy cleared her throat, a flicker of amusement, as clear as day, flashed through her eyes.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this.... Um....... story. But Charlie, we have to go shopping soon so get ready!" Macy demanded as she squealed in excitement. Before I could even react, she bolted upstairs. Probably fetching me an outfit.

I huffed in reluctance. Did I really have to go shopping? Shopping is only for normal people and supernaturals. And I was certainly not one of them. Also while shopping I am definitely going have to try on clothes. What if Macy makes me take off my hood. What will happen next?!? Will she get scared and runaway? Will she report me to the Council?

I couldn't but think of those questions. I needed to think about my future. Like they say, "Safety first!" Snapping me out of my thoughts once again, Macy began shouting my name like a broken record. I sighed, there's no way I can get out of this. I didn't have a reason, sadly.

I looked back at Daniel, even though I had my hood on, my actions would say, "Help me!" This caused him to smirk and stand up. As he was leaving he mouthed, 'Good Luck', then he was off. I was gaping like a fish. What a nice brother he is.

 "I'm coming!" I shouted while I made my way out of the kitchen. As I got out of the kitchen the name, Trent Barks, repeated in my head. I couldn't help but think about that name and I have no idea why. I guess I like the sound of it or something. Somehow I pushed the name aside and thought about shopping again. I muttered a line of curses, thinking how wrong this day can become and how it can change my life forever.

As I made my way towards the door I stopped instantly. Macy's voice filling my ears as my curiosity rise. Why was she talking to herself? Being my needy self I used my powers to listen to her mumbling. 

"What if she starts to hate me after today? I want her to love me like a daughter loves her mother! Oh my gosh. What if she already hates me?!? I can't handle that! I already started to love like my own daughter! It hurts to think she doesn't like me.." Macy whimpered.

I gasped quietly. Then a ginormous smile bloomed onto my face. She cared. She actually cared. Silent tears streamed down my face. It felt nice that someone cared. No, not nice. It felt amazing. A happy sob left my lips and before I knew it I burst into the room.

Right away I noticed Macy with glassy eyes. Macy looked back at me and gasped. Clearly surprised and dumbfounded. Before she could even react I hugged her. Yes, I actually hugged her. I haven't hugged people for years. I thought hugs were for the ones who deserved them. And Macy. Macy clearly deserved it.

"Thank you." I mumbled into her shirt. Suddenly, I felt tears drip down onto my shoulder as I felt arms snake around my waist. I could feel Macy was she still shocked but she quickly recovered.