Chapter 17: Discoveries

*Terribly sorry for the long wait. It hurts me to know that I've lost so many readers along the way but for the ones who are still sticking with my story and I, I want to give you a humungous Wattpad hug. I can't thank any of you enough. I love you all to the moon and back! <3*

 Chapter 17: Discoveries

Trent's POV

Charlotte's eyelids fluttered close. Droplets of tears fell from my red-rimmed eyes onto her pale cheeks that once glowed radiantly with life. Hopelessness chained itself to my heart, bounding it. The ache in my heart was inconsolable, and every breath I took required immense willpower. Reality was more than I could cope.

For months, my mate has been right by my side. For months, I've been such an idiot. For months, I could've been in a wonderful relationship with her. Yet now, the girl I was destined to be with for the rest of eternity laid lifelessly in my arms. The missing piece of my soul will never be replaced.

I abandoned all trivial emotions that would be dealt later, leaving insurmountable hatred and boiling anger that surged from within. My eyes darted the crowd and zeroed in on the gun. At first, the culprit stood there impassively. Then his professional demeanor was thrown to the wind as a conniving smirk stretched across his face.

Something snapped in me. All I saw was red. With anger pulsing through my veins and blood roaring furiously in my ears, I started to tremor and shake violently. This man, was about to suffer the worse possible death.

An ear-piercing growl shattered the silence and shivers rippled through the crowd. Xavier took control and I shifted into my large, formidable raven wolf. It was a rare color and I was proud of it. As soon as my eyes focused solely on his neck, everything became a blur.

All sensible thoughts and reasonable judgement of mine was clouded by a blazing fury. I charged forth with the motive to kill.

Wolves and angels parted a clear path for me, bounding for safety and a place to hide. I tuned out the shouting and screaming and sneered as the culprit paled when I closed the distance between us in a few giant leaps. The fact that he still stood with his feet rooted to the ground only fueled my anger. I bared my teeth in menace before I sprung, and images of his face contorted in agony as I tortured him flashed through my mind.

Suddenly, three other wolves appeared in my field of vision and barrelled towards me. We clashed and the unexpected force propelled me to the ground harshly. I roared in rage. How dare they.

Without a second thought, I rammed my body against the nearest wolf and struck mercilessly at his face, clawing without restrain. Sinking my razor sharp teeth into the next opposing wolf, I made sure the slightest movement I made was deadly. The only reason they were still standing was the fact that they were Alpha wolves.

Agonized howls and whimpers echoed throughout the hall, but none of the wolves or angels interfered. They knew better than to get involved in a bloody massacre with three Alpha wolves and one very enraged Alpha.

I dodged every blow and swing, until all three launched themselves at me with growls, each aiming for my vital parts. Retaliating with a feral snarl, I barely managed to escape their lethal onslaughts. I cringed as their claws tore skin, drawing blood. As they circled around me with wary eyes, I crouched low with my gaze darting back and forth, seeking for an opening.

The second the brown-haired wolf brought his guard down, I grasped my chance and went in for the kill. I sprung forth and with one massive strike of my paw to his face, he pummelled against the floor. Before he could regain his balance, I pinned him down with my large forefeet and extracted my claws to strike again.