Chapter 7: Piercing Blue Eyes

Charlotte's POV

"You're mine." A husky, scary yet sexy voice chanted. I looked around frantically, trying to find the owner of the voice. But the thing is, it was pitch black. Cold beads of sweat slid down my skin. A breeze caressed my skin, causing goosebumps to spread like wildfire.

I was scared. Frightened. Where was I?

"Who are you? Where are you?" I croaked. I wanted to cry. But I couldn't. I wouldn''t. Something was there. Or should I say, someone.

"You'll find out soon, beautiful." The voice answered. I gasped, angrily. I was getting enough of this. I wanted to know where was I and why! I growled threateningly as I bared my teeth in all directions. I was now half shifted into my wolf. I would be lucky if I was able to stay like this, I was at the edge of shifting to my true self.

Suddenly, I heard a chuckle. It sounded like music to my ears. Surprisingly, it got me calmed down a bit. How is this happening? Who the hell is this person?

I tried to look around once again. But failed, I couldn't see anything. Only darkness. I was starting to think. Have I become blind?

Then, a pair of sapphire like eyes popped out of now where, immediately illuminating the whole area. I gasped as I gazed back at the extraordinary pair of eyes. They were beautiful. So beautiful. I got a tingly sensation in my body just by looking at them. I changed completely from nervous and scared to safe and comfortable. Just by looking at the pair.

We were engulfed into silence. I couldn't say anything. I was too amazed by the beauty that caused me gaping like a fish. Suddenly, the wolf side of me decided to speak up. One word. That one word made me become so shocked, so frustrated. So surprised. So happy. But so scared.

"Mate."

I gasped as I got up from my laying state. The first thing I did was whipping my head around, checking my surroundings. My bedroom was bright because the sun's ray were peaking through the curtains. My bedroom. I was in my bedroom.

I ran my hand through the silky quality of my comforters, almost as if I didn't believe this was true. That it wasn't true that I was in my bedroom after experiencing that sight.

I lay down thinking, "It was all a dream." I replayed that statement over and over again. It seemed so real. Then I thought about something else. I actually had a mate. A mate that was waiting for me somewhere on this world. A mate that was waiting to accept me and love me. Or was he really waiting for me to do all those things?

But the real question is. Was I ready to commit a loving relationship with my mate? I really never thought about having a mate because of my genetics. But now my dream proved to me I had a mate.

One that would love me, trust me, treasure me. Was I ready for a mate?

Before letting darkness takeover me once again, I whispered ever so faintly, "I'm not ready."

Later On.

"Why hasn't she woken up yet!?" Someone whispered in frustration. Suddenly, voices began to argue back and fourth. I stirred in annoyance, quickly shutting up everyone in the room. I sighed internally and fell asleep, peacefully.

Oh wait. I said that too soon.

I was drenched in seconds. By the waist up. I gasped, as I felt the icy cold water trickle down my skin. I shot up like a rocket, and scanned the room for the culprit. Then, my eyes landed ever so slightly on Daniel, who was evilly smirking with a smug look on his face.