Chapter Twenty-Five

Author's Note:

Just wanted to make something clear real quick. The time jump last chapter was just a little sneak peak of Alina's life will be like after the three books are finished. I will be doing a couple of these throughout the books to give you kind of a look at the resolution of the series and clues as to what is going to happen. Please don't worry. This chapter is back to regular time.

Alina's POV

Panting, I stood frozen staring at the inhuman prisoners in front of me. My game of hide and seek forgotten as the stench of rotten blood filled my senses overwhelming me. The tears balancing on my eyelashes quickly found my cheeks as they fell in shock. Firelight lit the room from the burning candles hanging on rods around the cages. 

Bar's of steel glittered back at me, appearing harmless when standing on there own. The concrete floor was hard under my ballet shoes, and the hot, humid, muggy air was almost forceful into moving me further past the bottom step. My eyes noted everything in the room beside the four seemingly corpses, and at one point my paci clattered to the floor.

I shouted at my body to leave, to get out of this place, but it was frozen whether with shock or alarm or something so profound as to feel my love growing, not for these people but for the ones who had given me retribution. 

As a reaction finally left my body, and my chocked sobs wracked the walls of the dungeon, a pair of eyes flittered towards me. They almost seemed to command my body, never leaving my eyes, keeping them locked. The man struggled into a sitting position, never once losing focus on my eyes.

"Come here bitch. It's about time you remembered who owned you. Hurry the Fuck up and get me out of here and then after that, I might think of considering lowering your punishment." His voice rasped with day's without use or water, but his tone was still the same spine-chilling one he had always had.

My feet moved on their own accord, and my body immediately appeared to respond to his demands. 

Leave her alone Josses. Alina leave. He does not control you anymore, and he can't do anything to you."

My body faltered as I recognised my father's voice.

I shifted from foot to foot, unsure of how to proceed. The room almost seemed to burn with fire and smoke as my brother rose further, moving from his behind to knees. 

Gingerly, I took a step back, my hand falling to my now empty mouth in shock - my paci lay on the floor. Over the past few weeks, I had forgotten about my...family. It had been a pleasant time, something I had never experienced before my cruise. Over the past few weeks, I had awoken and had a bottle, get changed and went on a new adventure. There wasn't time to think about anything other than happy thoughts. They had consumed me whole, turning me into a bubbly happy Alina. The person I was. 

But while my shock was starting to wear off, it did nothing to help my shakes or the beating of the heart that was going a mile a minute. Just seeing my brother, my mother unconsciousness in her pool of blood and my pale, milky white, barely alive father seemed to bring back memories of nightmares that had haunted my dreams for the past week. Everything seemed to crumble around me as my happiness drooped and the energy bubble that had been growing inside me died. 

Alina.... is the person I am. But she is also the person I have been forced out of. 

Thanks to you, everything is your fault.  

The voices that had lived inside my head on Earth made their reappearance, and I struggled to stay on two feet. I shook my head angrily. It wasn't my fault for everything that these people did to me. It wasn't. My Daddies had told me as much. They were continually trying to convince me what they complemented with was facts.