Chapter Twenty-One

Xaviers' POV:

"I don't think she's going to take this very well X. She hasn't even had any warning." Mercuries voice penetrated my thoughts.

Turning, I laid my eyes on Alina who was resting in his arms, taking her first sips from her morning bottle - still too sleepy even to bother to try and comprehend what we were saying. The blacked out purple curtains had been moved aside, leaving the sunlight straining to glare through the white lace one's left and onto the floorboards of Alina room, making it a soft dull almost lamp-like light.

"Of course she isn't going to take it well Mercuries, but what do you suggest I do; keep her at home and let her hear their screams as we load them up and leave. She wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully again for another week at least - and it's not like I can leave her with our beasts. They are busy today in the lake. And yes I am aware that they would give up the water for our baby, but they are desperately in need of it."  I sighed. 

Mercuries took a seat in the rocking chair while I returned to her wardrobe, pulling free a soft lilac dress from the overstuffed rails. This outfit needed to be perfect, I wanted her to feel as comfortable and happy as she could while wearing it. My feet padded their exit out of the small closet and over to the rocking chair. Sunlight poured through the window as the blinds flew away from each other, letting in the morning. Time was slight and not in favour now because of Alina's usual wake-up call. Sighing, as an angry whine filled the room as I went and picked up my barely awake grumpy little princess from her perch in Mercuries arms. A grumpy mewl also followed Alina's angry blinking, pouting face and then the door to Alina's room slammed shut, as Lili left in search of breakfast. 

"Alina, sweety, hush. I know it's early, but we have to get you ready for your first day, and we can't do that if you're asleep." I chuckled softly at the squirming little in my arms. 

Suddenly the room seemed to freeze as Alina's sharp baby blues turned to me in shock and she became unmoving. Confused, I made to move onto the rocking chair beside the window, where Mercuries had been previously but had since walked to the window, when Chevron threw a scowl in my direction and tore our now crying mate out of my arms.

"What the he-chocolate Xavier. Why on earth do you think that would calm her down. Did you expect her to be happy about this, to just up and get changed and prance out the front door? She's been here for less than a week, and we promised her that she wouldn't have to be out our premises until a least a month. I don't even agree with this stupid plan; she should be coming with us. I swear on my life if this another one of your stupid plans that leave us without a mate for almost another sixteen years then I will kill you." He bounced Alina on his hip as he talked and I sighed, running my hand over my face as he spoke.

Collapsing into the rocking chair, I barely noticed my hand lovingly running up and down the material of Alina's purple gown for the day. I wanted the day to be perfect for her, as all Dom's wanted their little girls and boys first day of school to be perfect. However, I knew that wasn't going to happen. Alina had started to calm down again with the help of her other three Daddies murmuring in her ear. Biting my lip in worry and resting my head on the top of the overstuffed chair, I waited a moment before responding to my brother, wanting my anger towards his comment to dial back slightly to a more manageable level. Once my wolf was settled, and I could feel the others beasts in me calm, I once again raised my head.

Quickly wishing myself the strength I needed to be able to leave Alina today, I realised as I drew myself out of my reverie that I'm being stared down by one very grumpy little.

Dropping my head to my lap, "Alina, Daddy doesn't want you to go to school any more than you do. I know that I won't even be able to drop you off without running away from my duties and hiding you in my coven. Right at this moment, I'm even straining myself against everything I believe in." It was true. The sweat itself was running down the back of my neck not only from the heat but from an unconscious fight I was forcing myself to participate in.