Chapter Nine

Xavier's POV:

Ayla's head rested on my neck. She was still sleeping, and her soft snores kept me calm as I walked out of the suite. There were about five guards following behind my brother and me, carrying our luggage. Guards were also in front of us clearing the path.

Ten minutes after Ayla had fallen asleep the cruise ship had docked at Athens, and we started to move out of the suite immediately. I'd grabbed Ayla, wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. While my brothers flanked my sides, their gazes flicking to her every few seconds.

My possessive and Protective instincts over Ayla were at full frontal as we finally walked out of our private hallway. Several humans were walking in front of us, blocking our path, until our guards asked them to move away. As they started to argue with our guards, my arms tightened even more around Ayla. 

Chevron moved forward, stepping in front of the guards and gesturing for them to move back, so they were protecting Ayla again. Once they had surrounded us, Chevron moved forward again, turning his eyes to the humans who seemed to think we were no better than them. Chevron's eyes narrowed at the people, but he still wore a polite smile.

"We're so sorry to have to make you move," he said in fake politeness. "But our flight leaves in thirty minutes, and as we're the owners of this ship, it's also required that we walk off the boat first so that everyone else can follow."

Their mouths dropped open, and the adults of the group started to apologise, while the teenage girl grumbled that is was now going to take forever to get off. The whole family consisted of two older adults, one female and one male and what looked like they're two children who were also both male and female.

Growling softly under my breath at how long it was taking, I mind linked Chevron to hurry it up before mine, and from the look of Zeus and Mercuries, wings came out.

Slightly nodding, Chevron quickly accepted their apology. The family finally made to move away when suddenly the younger male stopped in his step as if something had caught his attention. The boy's family continued to walk away without him as my growls started to get louder. Realizing what the child was looking at, I held Ayla closer to my chest and tried to turn her so that he couldn't look at her anymore. Even so, just as I did that, his mouth seemed to drop open in shock.

"Ayla?" Her human name sounded unappreciated coming from his lips. 

Even Mercuries couldn't stop the growls anymore. I silently passed Ayla over to Zeus before taking a threatening step in the child's direction.

"She's sleeping," I growled through my teeth.

Suddenly the child growled back, and my lips pulled up in a ferocious snarl. I didn't know what or who this kid was, but if he dared to challenge me, then a challenge would be what he got.

As I took a step forward, he growled again.

"What are you doing Ayla? And why the fuck does she looked drugged." He snarled at us.

In my sudden anger, my wings burst out of my back and shadowed me as I continued to move forward until I was right in his face.

"I don't know who you are or how you know Ayla but accusing my brothers and me of drugging our mate and then swearing in front of her is going to get you killed. I don't care that Ayla is asleep, you don't ever swear in front of a little." My beast voice was starting to emerge as my beast was and I knew if this kid didn't run in a few seconds my guards would be dragging his ass back to Nemphrodelia so I could take care of him away from Ayla.