Help

"And you can tell me if I'm off, but I can see it in your face. When you say he's the one that you want."

Josh decided to drive home with Jake, so it was just myself on the way home. I slowly got closer and closer to home and grabbed the mail when I got to my house. I walked up the driveway and walked inside to find my mum in the kitchen.

"Hi Simon, how was your day?" She asked as I walked in smelling the food for tonight.

"It was okay." I said as she looked at me.

She could always tell when something was wrong. That's what I love most about my mum, she could always tell when something was wrong with my brothers and I. Once my brothers left, a lot had happened and my mum became really depressed, which had also effected me. It was hard, but I feel we're both getting past it now.

"What's wrong?" She said as I sat down on the counter next to her.

"It's Josh, I just........he keeps telling me that he's happy with Jake, there's something wrong." I said as she smiled.

"Is it wrong because he isn't with you?" She asked as I looked down at my hands.

"Mum....he'll never think of me like that. I just don't like seeing him with Jake." I said as she raised my head so I was looking at her directly.

"You don't know that until you say something Simon, you can't just think that and believe it. You have to say something to him." She said as I shook my head.

"I'm not going to ruin my friendship for some stupid feelings." I said getting up and going upstairs.

"Simon, you've had these feelings for two years now, admit you're in love with him." She yelled as I slammed my door to my room.

I fell on to my bed as I looked up at my ceiling, thinking about everything that has happened.

I can tell that he doesn't want to be with him, he keeps on telling himself this because  he needs someone to help him, but I'm too weak. I'm too weak to take care of myself. It's my fault that he's with him.

-------

I got to the football field and met up with all the guys. I didn't eat dinner and completely ignored my mum so I didn't have to talk to her about everything.

"Hey!" Ethan yelled as I ran over to all of them.

It was the normal crew Ethan, JJ, Harry, Cal and Lux (we call him that because there are two Cals) Tobi, and Vik. Vik doesn't play, he really just watches.

"Have you talked to Josh at all?" I asked Tobi and Vik as they shook their heads.

"Nah, he won't answer any of his texts." Tobi said as Vik nodded.

I walked over to the rest of the guys and then we all decided on team captains.

"Cal and I are going to be the captains." I said as all the guys lined up.

We slowly picked out everyone after playing a game of Rock Paper Scissors to decide.

It ended up being me with Tobi, Harry and Vik. Vik kind of had to play because we wouldn't have enough players because Josh wasn't here. Leaving Cal with JJ, Ethan and Lux.

"Okay, lets go!" I yelled as we started to play.

The beginning of the game was a bit slow until Tobi and I started to work together getting our first goal. The game started to pick up, they would scored then we would score. It went on like this for quite some time.

"Woo!" I heard someone yell from the sidelines as I looked up to see Josh.

I ended up getting knocked over by JJ as everyone stopped.

"Are you okay?" I heard JJ say as I nodded.

"Hey, I'm so sorry for distracting you." I heard Josh as I see he has tear stains all down his cheeks.

"Come on, lets get him up." Tobi said as everyone helped me up.

"Ow." I said as my ankle started giving me a jolt of pain up my leg.

"Here, lean on me." Josh said as he helped me over to the benches.

Everyone surrounded me as Josh looked at my ankle.

"It looks like a bruise is forming, I don't think you broke it but you probably sprained it." Josh said looking up at me.

"But football tryouts are coming up. I can't miss them." I said as Josh shook his head.

"Well you can't play." Tobi said as I just groaned annoyed.

"Come on. I'm going to help him home. See ya guys." Josh said grabbing my stuff then helping me up.

The rest of the guys went back to playing as we said our goodbyes. Josh and I slowly walked home, as I had to lean on him because I couldn't walk on my own.

"Why are you crying? What happened to the party?" I asked as he just shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, we need to get you home and get this foot elevated with an ice pack." He said trying to ignore my questions.

"Josh!" I yelled as he stopped and I stopped with him.

"Some of Jake's friends, well they started to make fun of you and Vik and......it hurt. Jake didn't even protect me after I tried to protect you guys. I told them that they were wrong and then they started to say that I was just like the rest of you guys, that we were all losers. Jake didn't say anything." He said as he looked down at the ground.

I grabbed his chin and made him look at me in the eyes. His eyes were a light green with a pale tint of brown, they were gorgeous. He was gorgeous.

"You don't need him. You're better off without him." I said as he shook his head.

"Well, we didn't break up. I didn't let him explain, I'm going to let him explain tomorrow and see what he says." He said as I just shook my head.

"I can't believe you. How can you not see that he is just going to break you?!" I yelled as he looked at me in shock.

"He's all I have Simon." He said.

"You have me." I said sympathetically.

"I know, I just...-"

"-I know, I'm not enough." I said as I started to walk away.

"Simon, you need help." He said running up to me.

"No, I'm tired of asking for help from you. Just leave me alone." I said grabbing my stuff from him.

"Simon.." He said as I just kept walking.

This is better. For both of us.

---------