Weak

"Baby, just to wake up with you would be everything I need and this could be so different, tell me what you want to do."

I got to class early so that I could get comfortable with my foot in the cast. I wasn't expecting him to come in so early, but there stood Josh as he just stared at me. He walked over quickly and sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry." He said under his breath which was barely understandable, but it was Josh so I could just understand it.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked as he looked up at me and I looked at him.

"Because of everything I've done to you-"

"Stop right there. I don't want you to think that I'm weak. What you said, it hurt, it really did. But I learned to withstand that. My parents were worried about me and I told them that I knew, I knew you didn't mean it. I know that and you know that. At the moment it felt like the correct respond, but now you know it's not. You and I know that we're meant to be together, not as friends. This has taken me so long to have finally say this, I...." I felt my throat clog up and those three words.

"Simon-"

The bell rung and everyone came flooding in. Josh just looked at me as I shrugged my shoulder acting like it was nothing, but in all honesty I just wanted to hear what he was going to say.

-------

I had to stay after to get missing work, so sadly Josh had left the room before me. I walked outside and saw Josh standing with Jake as he looked towards me. He gave me a longing stare but Jake grabbed his arm as they walked off.

"Simon!" Tobi yelled as I looked behind to see Tobi, Vik and Ethan.

"No, I really don't want to talk to you guys right now-"

"We're sorry. We just didn't want you to go spiraling down all over again and this time even worse because you lost Josh." Vik said as Ethan nodded.

"Obviously we were wrong because you were right, you're stronger than we all thought. A lot stronger." Ethan said as I hugged him and then Vik and then Tobi.

"Thanks guys, that means a lot. I just wish Josh knew that." I said as we walked off to our next class.

--------

I got out of class and saw Josh standing outside the door waiting. I walked over to him as he looked over to me and smiled.

"I was waiting for you." He said as I looked at him confused.

"Why?" I asked as he just laughed.

He grabbed my hand and we ran down the hallway not listening to the teachers yelling at us to slow down. We both just kept on running until we got to the door and he just opened it up.

"Josh, my foot." I said as he looked back at me and nodded his head.

He crouched down as I jumped onto his back as he kept on walking. I just laughed at how stupid this all was.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he just laughed with me.

"You'll see." He said as we kept on going and soon enough we got to the field.

He went up the bleacher and set me down in the spot we always sat at. Anytime the school had a game, we would always go. We would run to the school and sit in this exact spot. We always thought that everything was perfect at this spot.

"Why are we here?" I asked as he ran down and started to kick a football.

"The crowd goes wild, as Bradley runs down the pitch, dribbling like he was Messi. As he runs down the pitch he goes for the shot and score, he gets the goal. The crowd goes wild. Woo." He yells as I just laughed and he just smiled at me.

"As the crowd goes wild, all of the fans cheering for Bradley, there is only one person that he sees." He says as he looked up at me.

I felt myself start to blush as I just looked down.

"Josh, I'm serious, why are we here? We're going to get in so much trouble." I said as he ran up the bleachers and sat down next to me.

He grabbed my hand as I looked into his eyes. I could feel the emotions of anxiety, loss, hope and most of all, love.

"We've been running circles around each other. We've been friends since we were little kids and we've been running from each other like when we were kids. We've gone through things and made out together. Until now, I started to lose sight of everything. I started to get scared that I was going to lose you and once I did, I wouldn't know how to get better. It got so bad that I told myself to just separate myself from you. I told myself that if I did so, it wouldn't hurt as much as saying this and being rejected. I know you're not weak Simon, I just wanted you to realize that yourself. You stood up and I'm ready to stand up for myself, I'm in love with you." Everything he said to me came at me so fast and I had no clue what to say.