Chapter 7

Do you know that moment, or rather, that feeling, when you just know you don't belong somewhere? That's how Kirstie felt right now. It was meant to be her's and Jeremy's engagement party but for some reason it felt like it was only Jeremy's. People were congratulating him, like he was the only one getting married. 

She decided to get some fresh air and walked towards the balcony, but was surprised when she saw Avi out there as well. She wiped her sweaty palms on her dress, contemplating whether she should go out there. They hadn't talked properly ever since their little encounter and the roller rink. She tried hard to avoid him, she just couldn't look at him the same after her eyes met his electric green ones that night, it was like she was put under a spell.

Would she have kissed Avi if Mitch didn't call them? Most probably. She had seen him in a way she had never seen before; they were practically siblings and you usually don't want to grab your sibling by their shirt and smash your lips onto theirs.

The way Avi held her felt so right, so gentle. Ever since that night all she could think about was being in his arms again, which was so wrong because she was getting married in less than a month. She was positive that she loved Jeremy with all her heart but now...

No, she couldn't be thinking like this. Her hormones were probably just acting up and maybe it was just the adrenaline of rollerskating. Yeah, she was probably just caught up in the moment. 

Kirstie finally decided to join Avi on the balcony, there was no reason for it to be awkward. She coughed obviously and Avi's head snapped towards her. "Oh, hey Kirst," Avi said, feeling uncomfortable. "Why aren't you inside enjoying the party?"

She sighed. "I don't know, I just feel like it's not mine and Jeremy's party, it feels like it's just his. I feel so out of place which is strange because it's not like only Jeremy's friends are here, my friends are here too. Honestly, I just want to take off this stupid dress and crawl into bed." The blood rushed to Kirstie's cheeks suddenly. "Sorry, I'm just rambling."

"It's okay, Kit Kat, you can't help how you feel. Maybe you should talk to Jeremy about it in the morning, see what he has to say about the situation." Hearing Avi say Kit Kat made Kirstie smile, it proved that things were going to be okay between them. 

"Thanks Dragon," Kirstie said before pulling him into her embrace. When they let go of each other their eyes locked again, just like that night at the roller rink.

And suddenly it was like she had no control over her body because she found herself tangled in Avi's arms, her lips working in sync with his. A warm feeling spread throughout her body and she pulled on his hair in order to pull him closer. They both held each other desperately, like they would fall apart if they let go. 

It all felt kind of dangerous to Kirstie, there was a whole room full of people that could just walk in on them any second, maybe it made her enjoy the kiss more. When they finally pulled apart, it all hit her at once. She just kissed her best friend, she cheated on Jeremy. 

And somehow she didn't regret any of it.

Oooooo what do you think is going to happen?