Chapter 14

This was insane. This was absolute insanity but she was going to go through with it anyway. Avi's flight left in 45 minutes and a drive to the airport took 35 minutes, if there was no traffic. Kirstie was in no state to drive so luckily Mitch offered, what would she do without her best friend?

"Kirstie stop shaking, you're causing a mini earthquake in the car," Mitch teased and patted his friend's knee, all while keeping an eye on the road. Kirstie didn't even laugh at her friend's attempt to cheer her up, she continued to stare out the window and impatiently waited for them to arrive by the airport. 

She tried hard to stop shaking but she couldn't help it. What if Avi was already gone? What if he no longer loved Kirstie? What if she made the wrong choice? What-

"Shit!" Mitch yelled, causing Kirstie to jump in her seat. She was about to ask what was wrong, but then she saw the long line of cars in front of them; they were caught up in LA traffic. I guess this was the universe's way of saying that she and Avi were not meant to be. "Get out of the car."

"What?" Kirstie asked, alarmed by Mitch's words. 

"Kirstin Taylor Maldonado, I am not letting Avi slip out of your grasp so easily. The airport is about 5 minutes away if we drove but in this state we won't be getting anywhere soon. If you really love Avi and if you don't want him to hop on a plane, get your ass out of my damn car and run after him!" Mitch had a wild look in his eye and Kirstie returned it. She didn't just abandon her own wedding and sit in a car for a half hour for nothing.

"I'm coming for you, Avriel Benjamin Kaplan!" Kirstie jumped out of Mitch's small car and tore through the streets, dodging cars left and right. She felt like she was a superhero in an action movie, except for the fact that she definitely wasn't dressed the part. Most superheros weren't dressed in pyjamas when saving the day. 

With aching limbs, Kirstie hauled herself to LAX and interrogated the first security guard she could find. "Excuse me, where would I find Flight KT16AB17?" 

"Just take a left and you'll find yourself by Gate D where-" The poor guy didn't have time to finish his sentence as Kirstie was off and running already. She felt her heart pounding in her chest, her head throbbing and her knees threatened to give in, but she couldn't stop now; not when she was so close to him.

She swiftly followed the man's instructions and within in a few minutes, she found herself at Gate D. "Avi, where are you?" She muttered to herself, her eyes frantically searching the line of people. She skimmed the crowd quickly and almost gave up, but her eyes stopped when they landed on the back of a man's head who had a familiar man bun.

"Avi! Avi, I'm over here!" Kirstie screamed and waved her arms like someone who was insane but she didn't care, she had found him. Avi turned around when he heard his name being called. He could've sworn it was her voice but it couldn't have been, she was getting married right this moment. He looked around but when he couldn't find the source of the voice, he looked forward again and walked straight ahead, to his new life in 'The Big Apple.'

"Avi, no!" Kirstie ran towards him but it was far too late, he was probably boarding the plane right this second. She felt her heart being torn out of her chest as she broke down on the airport floor.

Just when she was getting closer to him, he had slipped out of her reach again.

Sorry for not updating!! The internet has been down at my place and I got a new phone so I'm adjusting to everything :) Two more chapters left of this book!!