Chapter 15

The entire car ride back Kirstie said absolutely nothing. There was a whole bunch of 'ifs' running through her mind. If only she had run a little faster, screamed a little louder or just tried harder in general, maybe she would have Avi in her arms right now. 

As soon as she got to Scott and Mitch's place, she ran to their bathroom, locked herself inside and began to let out her emotions. She really needed one of those comforting and reassuring hugs, but the hug she longed for the most could only be received from New York City.

Kirstie knew she couldn't stay in the bathroom forever, she washed off her face and walked out, but was immediately interrogated by Scott and Mitch. "Are you okay, honey?" Mitch asked softly before pulling her in for a tight hug. 

"I'm way too exhausted to lie so no, I'm not okay. My heart feels like it's broken beyond compare and all I want to do is cuddle with Avi," Kirstie said truthfully, nuzzling her face deeper into the crook of her friend's neck. 

"Well, I think you'll be able to do that soon," Scott perked up and a cheesy grin was radiating off his face. Without saying a word, the two leaded the other member of their trio to Scott's laptop, which was open on a flight page. "Kirstie, we've booked a ticket for you to fly out to New York. You can finally be with Avi!" 

Kirstie's mind couldn't process what was happening, was her mind playing tricks on her? Was she actually going to be able to hug Avi? Then she blinked and her eyes burned into the screen with the plane ticket on it; this was real life. She was going to be reunited with her dragon.

"Oh my goodness, you guys are the best friends in the whole entire world!" Kirstie leaped into their arms, causing all three of them to topple over onto the wooden floor. 

"Just make sure that we are your maid-of-honours at your wedding," Mitch joked and the three of them giggled. Kirstie's huge grin spread a mile wide and Scott and Mitch returned it. Their friend wasn't truly happy for a long time, but now she was and they were the cause of it, they felt so proud of themselves. 

"Now you need to get dressed and packed because your flight leaves in two hours!" Scott exclaimed, before shoving Kirstie into their guest room filled with Kirstie's belongings. "We're giving you a half hour to pack everything, we need to leave soon if you want to make it on time." With a loud slam, they shut the door in Kirstie's face before giggling secretly. "Do you think she'll make it on time?"

"If it's to do with Avi, she'll be out here in a flash," Mitch smirked and he was dead right. Kirstie only took fifteen minutes to pack everything, get dressed from her pyjamas into normal clothes and managed to make her makeup look flawless. 

"Let's catch a flight to New York."

AHHHHH ONE LAST CHAPTER TO GOOOOO :O