chapter 4

Time really did fly when you were having fun.

Well, at least Jeremy was having a blast. Another month had passed and now he was planning an engagement party. Kirstie didn't really want one, she didn't like extravagant parties or being the main attraction, she would rather just take a few close friends to dinner. 

She obviously had to find a dress for this glamorous party which meant one thing: shopping. Her first choices would be Mitch or Scott, or both, even, but for the first time in her life she didn't want to take them. She wanted to take Avi instead because she thought he could do with a little cheering up, and she wasn't going to deny it, he had a good sense of style. 

...even if it was kind of on the lumberjack side.

What Kirstie expected when she arrived at his apartment door was Avi still looking sleepy, his hair would probably also be a little crazy like it usually was when he woke up. What she didn't expect was Avi opening the door in only a pair of shorts while sweat droplets ran down his toned, shirtless stomach.

"Kirstie? What are you doing here?" Avi asked, snapping Kirstie out of her daydream.  

"I wanted to go shopping for the engagement party and I need a buddy to come with me."

Buddy. 

"Yeah, sure. Just give me a few minutes to get ready, you can come inside so long." Avi opened the door wide enough so she could come through. Kirstie sat on the couch and let her mind wander off while Avi was getting ready. Why was she so surprised when she saw Avi shirtless? It's not like she hadn't seen him shirtless before, she was probably just caught off guard.

"I'm ready, America!" Avi called from his room, walking out with his hair in a tight man bun and wearing a shirt this time. 

"Let's hit the road, then."

***

Avi clearly loved Kirstie a lot because he trailed after her like a puppy, in and out every shop. His feet were aching and he felt like he was going to have a heart attack from all the walking. Maybe all the barbecue was now showing its effects. 

Finally, Kirstie decided Forever 21 would be their last stop before they grabbed some lunch.

"Avi, can you come help me please?" Kirstie called from the dressing rooms. His face turned a deep red and he walked towards the rooms with an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Could you zip the back of this dress for me?"

Of course, the typical scene that happened in all the romance stories. Except in his story, he didn't end up with the girl and lived happily ever after. 

The girl got married and lived happily ever after with her own Prince Charming.

 With shaking hands, he zipped the back of Kirstie's dress and he finally got a chance to admire her. It was skin-tight, white dress that hugged her in all the right areas.

"Wow, Kirst, you really look stunning," Avi breathed out and bit his lip. It took all he had not to rip off the dress and grab Kirstie's face in his hands, but that would be inappropriate, of course. She was almost a married woman and unfortunately, he couldn't change that.

"I think I'm going to take it. I just hope Jeremy likes it," Kirstie giggled while doing a little twirl.

She was a real life princess.

She then turned to look at Avi for a minute and said, "Thank you for coming with me. I know your poor feet must be sore but I really appreciate it. You're the best friend a girl could ever ask for." She leaped into his arms and sighed into his chest. 

She would never get tired of hugging Avi.

He was home.