Chapter 12

This was it, today was the biggest day of Kirstie's life, and maybe the scariest too. Today she was about to say her vows, she was going to put another ring on her finger, she was going to become Kirstin Taylor Lewis. To be honest, she wasn't sure is she was ready to do this anymore.

The worst part about it? Avi didn't show up. He really did stick to his word and unless he was extremely late, he wasn't going to pitch up to the wedding. Kirstie didn't blame him, after all she's put him through, she didn't expect him to come and pretend like everything was perfect when it truly wasn't.

Just as she was thinking about making a runner, Scott and Mitch burst into her room, wearing the cutest matching tuxedos ever. "Are you ready to become Mrs. Lewis?" Mitch exclaimed happily.

"Is Avi here yet?" Kirstie asked, ignoring Mitch's question. She didn't care about anything else right now, she just wanted all four of her best friends with her.

"Sorry, sweetie. But Kevin isn't here yet either, so there's still hope," Scott patted her shoulder in sympathy while Mitch's heart broke slowly. They hated to see their best friend sad, even if she put this all on herself.

As if on cue, Kevin strolled through the door, sadly with no Avi following him. "Kev! Is Avi with you?" Kirstie asked, already knowing the answer that was coming her way. 

"I'm so sorry, Kirst. He wanted me to give this to you," Kevin smiled sadly at the woman in the white dress and handed her a letter that was addressed to her. She didn't care that there were three other guys in the room watching her, she tore open the envelope as her her eyes scanned the words written by Avi.

Dear Kit Kat,

Let me start off this letter by apologising. I shouldn't have gone off at you last night, I was just hurt by everything, but it doesn't mean I had to yell at you. I hope you can forgive me for that.

Secondly, I'm also sorry that I couldn't be there for your special day. It just hurts too much, I can't sit there and watch the woman I love marry another man, I refuse to put myself in that situation.

Lastly, I wanted to let you know that I'm moving to New York. My flight is today so I won't be able to say goodbye to you in person, unfortunately. You're probably wondering why I'm moving so far away and I'll tell you why: I need to start fresh. I need to be in a new area, where I'm not constantly reminded that I'm not good enough for you. 

Don't worry about me, I truly hope you enjoy your life with Jeremy. He is an extremely lucky guy, he better not forget that. And always remember that no matter what happens between us, no matter how far apart we are, I'll always be your dragon.

- Avi 

Kirstie didn't care, she didn't care that there were three other people in the room, she didn't care that she was wearing very expensive makeup that took a long time to do, she didn't care. She let the tears stream down her face and she let the sobs take over her body. She collapsed to the floor, the frills of her dress surrounding her. He was gone, physically and emotionally he had left her.

I'll always be your dragon.

"I think I love him," Kirstie managed to choke out after her violent cries.

"Then leave Jeremy, angel face. It'll hurt him but marrying a guy who you don't love is more painful in the end," Mitch said softly, wrapping his arms around Kirstie to comfort her. It hurt him to see Kirstie in pain, they were like brother and sister, even closer than siblings.

"But-"

"Can you see yourself marrying Avi? Having kids with him? Growing old with him?" Kevin intervened. He was always the wisest one out of all five of them. 

Kirstie thought hard about his questions. Then suddenly, images flashed across her mind. Images of her and Avi at the altar, them finding out that Kirstie was pregnant, singing lullabies to their sweet baby, them holding hands in the old age home.

"Yes," Kirstie answered honestly. 

"Then go after him, be with Avi and be happy."

And here was the tricky decision of listening to her heart or her mind.

OOOOOO is Kirstie going to chase after Avi or is she going end up marrying Jeremy? ;)