Fear

Papyrus POV

I tried to hold back my tears and be brave just like Mettaton as the crowd continued to shout. The words they were yelling cut through me like a knife. They were even yelling at us to die. Mettaton squeezed my hand, but it didn't stop the sinking feeling inside me. I couldn't take it anymore.
I began to sob as I let go of Mettaton's hand. I ran as I pushed everyone in the crowd out of my way. Tears streamed down my face, blurring my vision. The insults continued to surround me as I ran.
"Papyrus!" I heard Mettaton yell in a devastated voice. I didn't stop to look at him. I couldn't. I had to get out of there. So I continued to run. I ran until I could no longer hear the crowd.
I knew that I had betrayed Mettaton. I left him alone with the crowd yelling hateful things at him. I'm pathetic. I don't deserve him. I betrayed the love of my life. I just couldn't take the insults anymore. I continued to run until I was in the middle of the woods. I wanted to be as far away from everyone as possible.
I took off my scarf and threw it into the ground in frustration.
"PATHETIC!" I yelled to myself in hatred.
I collapsed to the ground as tears streamed down my face. I whimpered and moaned as I curled up. I was no longer the great Papyrus that I use to be. I was now the failure Papyrus. The worthless Papyrus. The Papyrus that betrayed the only thing that matters him.
  I didn't deserve him. Mettaton use to be a mega star. Now, because of me, he's being dragged down and hated on. I love Mettaton, but no one wants us together. I want to fight for our love, but I'm not strong enough. I'm weak.
  The voices of the crowd echoed through my head. So did Mettaton's voice as I was running away.
  The world was kicking me down. I slightly lifted my head to look at my scarf that I had thrown on the ground. I stared at it for a second, before I started crying even louder. I reached out for the scarf as I slowly picked myself up on my feet. I clutched my scarf tightly, before I got a thought. It was the only solution I could think of to get rid of my pain.
  I slowly wrapped my scarf around the tree, hoping it would be long enough. Tears fell down my face as I stood on top of a big rock and wrapped the other side of the scarf around my neck, making sure to leave a big noose in the back of my neck. Tears slowly steamed down my face. I betrayed the love of my life...