Departure

Written 2012 by VeGirl

The next day I woke with the feeling of a really perfect dream; you know the feeling when you don't wanna wake up.
I started to move slightly, just stretching like a cat, cuddling in the warm arms around me. I sighed and moaned slightly, taking the hand that was wrapped around me and tugging it closer to me, sighing just to go back to sleep again. We laid there for a while, but I didn't go back to sleep. I'd much rather snuggle up with Damon.

"Mmm, Good morning, luv," I heard close to my ear.

That was not Damon!

My entire body got rigid and my eyes flew up instantaneously as I remembered the previous day. What the fuck?!
I slowly turned my head and looked at Klaus' slightly surprised face and then bounced away from him. He on the other hand started to laugh when he realised who he had been snuggling up against.

"I actually thought it was Caroline, you have the same strawberry-like scent surrounding you," he said in a low voice and snickered. He stretched and got up from bed heading for the bathroom. "I'll hit the shower; you're welcome to join me if you want," he added with wicked grin.

I didn't answer, just laid in bed breathing calm as I fought the nausea of what had happened during the night, while he left the room. What had I got myself into? God how I longed for Damon! I took my phone and texted him how much I missed him and how I wished for this trip to be over and for me to be in his arms again. I didn't mention the morning cuddling.

Klaus came walking from the bathroom, fully dressed. "Are you ready for breakfast, luv?"

I glared and wrapped the covers up around me which made him snicker.

"It's a bit late to be prude, luv," he implied.

"Get out!" I hissed and thought about throwing the pillow at him. He just snickered and left me alone in the bedroom.
I breathed and tried to calm down before I went into the shower and contemplated today's events. What would happen when we got to the airport? Would they take us out of the country, and where? Didn't Elijah say something about Europe? They couldn't take us to Europe, could they?
All this brooding was giving me a headache and it all came down to one question; could I trust Klaus?

Not a chance!

I had just got out of the shower when my iphone chimed that a text message arrived from Elena. 'Are you okay? Did you find Anna?'

'Yes I'm okay, she's here. Klaus is going after his brother' I texted.

'They're linked. If ine dies, they all die. I care for Elijah' Elena texted me. I had to concentrate not to reveal myself by gasping, but sent a;

'What?' All I thought about was Rebekah; I was so glad to have found her again.

Elena's next message explained about the spell Ester had made and the consequences and I was blown away by the deception their mother had pulled on them. How could she just plan on execute all of her children? No wonder they we're screwed up!

'And you know what happens to their bloodline if they die don't you? They die too!'

My blood ran cold. I hadn't known that! Stefan and Damon would die... and so would Caroline and Tyler.

Damon would die! That was too depressing to think about, and I knew I had to focus to get through this with both Anna, myself and Klaus alive.

I took a deep breath, put a stupid smile on my face and then got down to the dining area where I easily found the others.
"Good morning," I said and went to stand behind Klaus, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek; feeling like such a cheater. He had his arm around me and in no time he had spun me around him and I sat on his lap, yelping and then snickering surprised. He took a piece of bagel and put in my mouth and I really hoped the performance was trustworthy; this was not something I would be able to keep up for long, but it would certainly haunt me troughout the nights for a long time forward.

I took a seat in the chair beside Klaus and tried my very best to keep a neutral conversation going while eating breakfast. Anna had mostly her eyes on Kol, but her eyes flickered to Klaus face and I saw a little of the confusion I had felt when Klaus compelled me and I met Damon. She knew she cared about him, but she didn't know why or who he was.

"This is a little weird... you didn't even care about her at the time," Klaus told his brother with a nod to Anna.

"It's never too late," Kol said cocky and they both smiled wicked.

"Never too late for true love." Klaus turned to me. "How about I take you around the world?"

"I need some new clothes," I pouted.

"Of course, luv; you know I'll do anything for you." He took my chin and kissed me lightly on the lips.

This felt so bad... and so good... I was doomed!

They decided that we would pack Anna's stuff while they went to the airport to compel someone to give us free tickets. I thought once again that it could be very practical to be a vampire. The door closed behind the two brothers and I didn't know what to do. Anna didn't really recognise me and that was a horrible feeling.

Suddenly the door flung open again. "Buggers, I'll be quick!" Klaus called out to his brother and rushed into the house and slammed the door.
In an instant he was in front of me and Anna and looked deep in her eyes. "You're free of your compulsion." His pupils were dilating in a way I recognized, but I barely heard what he said. "You have to get out of here. Take the car and leave as fast as you can," he hissed and slipped the car key in my hand. I didn't believe what was happening. His eyes were dead serious though, I didn't miss that.
In a whoosh of air he was gone again and we were alone in the house.

"Emma?" Anna said when Klaus was gone. "What happened and where are we?"

I started to cry and flung myself in her arms. In the next moment I snapped out of it. "Go get your things! You have one minute!" I pointed in the direction of Kol's bedroom and she rushed in, while I was left standing with the car key in my open hand. I was blown away by the turn of events and by the way Klaus had come to our rescue.

In less than a minute Anna came rushing back to me and we were out the door. We raced over to Klaus' car and were fast on our way. I was lucky he had a GPS in the car; I don't think I could have found the way back to Mystic Falls without it.

~~~ A/N ~~~

Surely they will make it back; what could go wrong?

Please vote if you like it and comment. / Veronica.

.