Charlotte - the girlfriend.

Written 2012 by VeGirl

"When we see them Anna is probably compelled, just so you're prepared," Klaus said as we drove into Charlotte. He didn't look at me and it sounded like it was just a coincident he told me; as if he just happened to think about it.

I gasped and stared at him.

"That's the kind of reaction you can't have," he said in a collected voice. I kept staring at him. "Do I need to compel you?"

"What?"

"How good an actress are you. Can you act as my girlfriend?"

His girlfriend? Why would that be necessary, I wondered, and just looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Are you a total nutter?" I kept staring until he looked at me.

"I can compel you if you rather prefer that," he said with no sarcasm; he was actually nice.
That freaked me out.

We pulled over by a lavishing house and stopped the car. Klaus came over, opened my door and took my hand to help me out. He put my hand in the crook of his arm. "Are you ready?" he said soft and then we walked up to the door.

"Hello brother!" Kol met us with a wicked smile. "So, you got tired of the righteous Elijah?"

All I thought of was the word brother, that was generously used.

Klaus released an ominous laughter. "Hasn't he just gotten worse over the years?"

They shared an evil laughter. "It's not like we have hung around these last centuries."

Someone came into the room and Kol said; "By the way, I have a surprise for you." It was Anna.

I was just about to yell 'Anna!' and launch myself at her, when I felt Klaus push my hand he still held. I had to force myself to look at him with a loving smile despit the fact that it made my skin crawl.

Klaus eyes fell on Anna, his smile disappeared and he got paler than usual. "What?" he breathed and his eyes flickered between Anna and Kol.

Kol smiled once again a wicked smile. "Oh yes, wasn't she your ex or something?"

"Annora..." He breathed and I looked surprised at Klaus even though I shouldn't be. He dropped my hand and walked slowly up to her and was really studying her close up.

"Darling, it's rude to stare." I pouted, trying hard to sound like a jealous girlfriend. I think I pulled it off, because Kol snickered and Klaus took the few steps back to my side.

"Sorry, luv. This is Kol my brother. Kol, this is Emma, my girlfriend."

Brother? It wasn't an associate at all, it was their brother! My God, how many of them were there?

Kol shook my hand and then he pulled it up to his mouth and kissed it. "Enchanté!" he said with a wry smile. I couldn't help but to be a little impressed by the chivalry, but his dark, dark eyes never left mine. They had not an ounce of warmth in them.

"So, what kind of a name is Kol?" I asked, sounding like an airhead, trying hard to pretend to care about anything but the welfare of Anna.

"Kol is a Danish name. It's from the Viking age and it means dark."

"Your mother must have thought about it when she saw your dark eyes and your dark hair," I chirped, feeling false as dicer's oaths.

Kol smiled but the smile never reached his eyes.
"Annora love, come here." He stretched his hand towards my friend and she smiled and took it. He kissed her hand and then he kissed her neck, and bit her. The smell of blood hit me like a freight train and I felt instantly my head swoon.

Klaus was by my side and turned my eyeballing spinning head towards him. He stared deep in my eyes. "You have no problem with the scent of blood," he said and all I thought about was the pupils dilating in his beautiful blue eyes.

When I turned to look at Anna, all I noticed was her face. She was not in pain from the bite, but had actually a really naughty look in her eyes when she turned to Kol.
Really?! What was it with her and the bad boys? I thought, but then my memory reminded me of that one time with Damon and our make-up session, and I understood.

The guy's didn't seem to need very much time to catch up and the day had definitely turned into night when Kol and Anna seemed to want some time without us. "We'll go to the airport tomorrow. I'm going to hit the sack now so, Good night," Kol said with a smirk and took Anna's hand and they left us. "Please enjoy the spare bedroom." He called over his shoulder.

I stared at Klaus and drew breath to speak my mind when he put his finger up his lips and pointed to his ear. The message was loud and clear.

He stepped really close to me and spoke in my ear. "We'll do this. It'll be alright." His breath against my neck made me shiver and I cursed myself internally. "Come on, I'll take you to bed, luv," he said and smiled wickedly. This was not what I had signed up for, but what could I do? I pressed my lips together and rolled my eyes. He chuckled. He took my hand and we left for the bedroom.

"I don't have a p:j with me," I hissed, trying to be discrete.

"That's no problem, you won't need a pyjama," he said loud and pointed at his ear and one of the doors we passed. I got it.

"Of course, whatever you say luv," I chirped but stared glumly at him. I could see by the look in his eyes that he had to bite his lip to prevent from laughing out loud.

It felt like a relief when we closed the bedroom door behind us. A relief and at the same time it felt worse than ever before; being alone in the car was nothing to be alone in bed with the man.

Alone and naked was not going to happen!

Klaus went up to the wardrobe and in it stood his bag. He pulled out a black t-shirt and threw it my way. I looked surprised at him, but was really grateful.

I took my time in the bathroom and when I walked into the bedroom in his t-shirt, he laid in bed with his arms behind his head and the covers just up to his waist, revealing a muscular but slim chest. I swallowed hard. He pulled the covers from my side of the bed, smiled and patted the bed for me to come and lay down. I grinded my teeth but went over there with a big sigh and laid down flat on my back and pulled the covers up, tucking myself in.

He chuckled. "Sleep tight, luv." Then he turned his back toward me and turned out the lights.

~~~ A/N  ~~~

What do you think?
*chuckles wickedly...*

.