Kidnapping confirmed

Written 2012 by VeGirl

Stefan and Elena headed up to his room to see if they could find any information on his computer, while Damon and I went to the study to flip through some books. I didn't know where to start looking for this mysterious Annora, even if Damon seemed on top of the game. I sighed and went to the kitchen for a bottle of water.

My phone chimed and I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen.

It was Anna.

I tapped the answer-button. "Where the hell are you?" I shouted worried and almost missed her first words.

She whispered franticly; "Emma, help me! Klau..." and then the phone-line went dead. An icy chill went down my spine and my heart almost stopped altogether.

My God! What should I do? I froze at the spot, but then my mind was starting to work at a hundred miles an hour.
"Klaus got Anna!" I yelled throughout the house.
I rushed into the study but Damon wasn't there. I didn't go look for him; I just grabbed Elena's keys and made a run for her car. I slammed the door shut and speeded out of the driveway with a skid and grovel gushing around the back of the car.

How could I find my friend? Where would I start looking? I just raced around without direction and without a real plan. I tried to calm down and breathed long deep breathes to get some oxygen to my overheated brain.

A plan, I needed a plan! Think, think, think!

I couldn't really Google and find Klaus' address... I shook my head and things started to come together. I had been in this house, but I had no idea where it was.

What would they have done in 'The Vampire Diaries'? And at that thought everything was obvious. The nicest foreclosure in town... Of course!

I did my best to use my gut feeling instead of my brain.

I started to remember little bits and pieces from the day I had spent at Klaus' house. It was a huge house, perhaps a mansion? And it was located next to the woods. Now where could that be?

I was certain a huge mansion like that would not be build next to houses like Elena's or Caroline's. It would more likely be located in an area like the one Lockwood Mansion was built in.

And there I had my plan!

I searched through a couple of areas like that and finally caught eye of a greyish stone mansion with an impressive stone paved driveway. It had huge arched windows and I knew as soon as I saw it that this was it. Somehow I knew where the back driveway and the garage was and I saw several trucks there. It hit me and I remembered that he had this big renovation-project going on in the house.

This was Klaus home.

I drove past the drive way, thinking I should park the car a bit past the house. After have turned the engine off; I grabbed the door handle. That's when the door swung open by somebody else. Stefan stood by the car holding the doorframe.

"Stefan!" I yelped with a hand on my chest. "You scared the crap out of me!"

"You took your time to get here. Emma, why didn't you ask me for directions?" His voice was cold and the smile I could see in his face didn't reach his eyes. I got a cold chill down my spine.

I got on my feet so I could look him in the eyes. "Would you have helped me?" I knew that my tone was too cocky for my best, but my worry was off the roof, and offence is the best defence, right?

He observed me for a while, and then he shrugged his eyebrows and looked away. "My credibility has shrunken, hasn't it?"

I was actually taken aback by his sad tone. "Yes," I simply stated. "You were like a brick wall that everyone could lean upon. Now you're more like a..." I didn't know what to say. "...like a Japanese wall of paper..."