Chapter 27

Authors note I know the slavery thing feels a little excessive and a bit much but it is needed. The charecters are telling me its the right path to take and aren't protesting too much. So bare with me guys. =) I am so happy all of you are enjoying my story and onward we go.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. . .

Thranduil was awoken by kicks to his legs. He opened his eyes to see Navea staring at him her eyes were secretive and hooded. Barely contained scorn filled those yellow green depths.

"Time to work Sukan. You hands will be bound and you will have the pleasure of toting water back and forth."

She untied his hands and feet placing longer rope between his tied hands so his hands could be put to work. She gave him a small slice of bread and a small cup of water. She then braided his hair back into a que.

"So your work wont be hindered." she explained before latching a leash to his slave bands loop and pulling him along.

She reached him a bucket and directed him to the well and to where he was to begin watering. She went to plant with the rest of the women. He set to his task he would bid his time for now play along with her game for now.

The hours were long and tiresome to him. The repeatative work was boring. This was more labour than he had done in a long time. It reminded him of his younger years. He was told to carry on as other took a break to ease their thirst and hunger.

He knew he didn't garner the luxury. He had come to terms with his position but he wouldn't accept it. He was a king and a high elf. She would pay for this one day very soon. He would raze the valley to the ground.

Once the early morning planting and watering was done he was pulled to a stream that ran clear and clean. He was told to wash as she took sentinel upon high rocks. Claiming his stench was burning her nose. He came close to loosing his temper at that.

"So what does Sukan mean? " he asked as they walked back to her home.

"Male slave. Sukra is the female terms." she explained neutrally.

************★****************

She watched the once king and friend work efficiently and tirelessly the first part of the day. She watched him bath the sweat off his body. She watched him and she knew something he didn't wish her to learn. He had come to terms with his lot but was unaccepting of it.

Once home she cooked food for herself and nieces and nephew. They came rambling laughing and brightening the place. Melaya sat upon Thranduils lap and played with his que's end. She simply removed the girl and explained what he was.

The fury in Thranduils eyes was temptous. He contained it well. They ate and what little was left was given to him. The afternoon she took him to Aldricks forge and had him find use for the elf. He put the elf to work and she went to dig roots with the rest of the females.

When she returned the elf was tied outside her home as per request. He seemed drained. She felt a tingle of care and she shut it down nipping it at the bud. She wouldn't go there again.

*************★***************

The week went on and the days grew longer. Even when it rained the people worked in the fields Thranduil with them. Aldrick was learning Elvish techniques as he was learning the basics of being a black Smith.

Navea on the other hand dealt consistently with her brothers questions. At one point he slung her around and yelled at her.

"Why is he a slave what's gotten into you?!" he asked pinning her to the side of her cabin.

"I am treating him as he would treat me!" she hissed back pushing him away angrily.

"Your doing what they did to you. Your no better than orcs." he spat.

A fight broke loose between them and they both seperated with wounds. Leopards were notoriously bad tempered. They never fought unless they meant every blow and bite.

She limped into the cabin to find Thranduil waiting patiently for her. He looked up from a burn wound to see her disheavled form. His eye brows shot up as he noted her going to her room and closing the screen to wash the blood and sweat from herself.

*************★***************

He tried not to look he truly did. The candles flame gave him the bare siloutte of her form. Glorious. Despite his anger at her he knew he had done wrong. He was the original transgressor which he reasoned was why he hadn't escaped yet.

She came out in a flurry of movement in a night gown. Holding a rag to her cut lips. She paced agitatedly. He sensed sadness and turmoil.

"None of this would have happend if it hadn't been for you!" she yelled turning to him he saw the tears in her eyes back to the golden green.

"I caused all of this to come to this. Being held as a slave. I admit my words were harsh. . ." he was caught off by her laughter.

"Harsh! You are so cold you give me frost bite. I was your friend! I was your ally! And you talked about me as if I was as dirty as dog shit on your boots!" she marched over to him as he stood there.

"What do you want me to say! huh! what would you like me to say that helps with your petty hurt feeling?!" he yelled his composure broken.

Her hand slapped across his face. "My feeling aren't petty. Its you that is petty. Can't even handle you own emotions. What a king you are cold and alone. Running scared beihind big words cause he couldn't handle his emotions." she hissed angrily.

"Fine I was wrong I was the one who ran scared. I didn't mean a word of it. I just can't. . ." he broke of at the feelings bombarding him.

" Your so cold for so long you can't deal with your feelings for me." she finished.

"Yes and feeling you elicite in me very much so." he whispered almost.

"Well congratulations King Thranduil you have no friends barely a son and are as cold as ever." she jerked the rope from him. "Just leave and never come back. if you do I swear by all the gods I will kill you mate or not." she warned going to sit by the hearth.

"Mate?" he asked bewildered.

"Yes does it shock you? That you are my mate. Don't worry yourself none I wouldn't lower myself to you." she spat.

He walked to the door and left into the oncoming night. Many things his mind thought of. Things hadn't ended as he had hoped. Things were far too jumbled to make sense of he needed time to think.

'My mate? My friend. All gone now.' he though despondently.