Chapter 26

Authors note: Thanks guys so much.

What there was once can never be again. . .

She studied the elf and his entourage. Once they entered the valley they were hers for the taking. Despite her mate being amongst them and despite a white elven flag of peace she would punish them.

They all crept away disappearing into the mist that gathered. They all got into position and waited. It was the cats game. Patience cunning and the ultimate take down.

"No death just subduing and capture. The elf king is mine." she mentally sent through the ranks.

***************★*************

The silence in the valley was too loud the mist was causing confusion. This was the perfect place for an ambush. He had come to see if he could reason with Navea. He realized he was wrong. And that he didn't mean the words he had said.

He felt saw and heard nothing until it was too late. He was caught in a battle with the woman that had haunted his mind for the last weeks. He was fighting sword to sword. From the rage in her eyes she wasn't just playing around. She was dead serious.

**************★**************

She was meeting his sword move for move. He parried when she thrust. He did the same. They were well matched but even she could see he was off his game. He was unsettled.

She waited and watched for the moment that was perfect. And she took him down so easily he lay upon the ground stunned and disarmed.

"Well look what the cat drug in." she said before placing a well aimed knock to the back of his head. He was unconscious and she stood over him smiling.

' Lets see how low we can put you down before you realize how unimportant you are'

"Take the others back to Mirkwood palace. Take the king to our village." she called out.

"What are you doing Navea?!" Adrian said grasping her arm and twirling her towards him.

"He's my captive and will be my slave. There is nothing wrong with it by our laws. It is the old way and it is good." she said before grasping her captives arm and dragging him to the travoise filled with elk and some deer.

"This will end badly." Adrian called as she blindfolded and bound the king.

*************★***************

Thranduil woke to an aching head and a heavy body. He was bound to two stakes and in a wooden dwelling. His feet and arms immovable. Hunger and thirst came to him after the pain.

'Where am I?' he wondered.

"Good to see you up." a familiar voice called.

She stood in the shadows across from him leaning into the column. She stepped out and he saw that her body still held streaks of metallic teal paint. Her hair still in the war braids.

"Where am I?" he asked his voice raspy.

"Our new village deep within the mountains. You status has greatly changed." she said.

"What are you speaking of" he asked eyes narrowing.

"You are a slave now. My slave. You would do well to mark it once a king. " she said.

"I am a king." he stated drowsily.

"I thought that once too. When I was a slave of orcs. Let me let you in on a secret. You will accept it eventually. You will be used for labor and for tasks I don't feel like doing. You are a slave." she enunciated the last few words quitely.

"If you run you will be shot. If you injure anyone you will be beaten. You have no voice no opinion you are alive only on my good graces. A whore to be used and discarded of. " she said.

"I am not a slave." he growled.

"You no longer wear a crown. You wear a worn pair of leggings and tunic. Your shoes are going to be earned so you will remain are footed until I choose to give them to you. So tell what about you tells me you are a king? Nothing your slave collar speaks measures to your change in status." she said.

"We were friends once. . . What has changed?" he asked.

"I heard the truth of how you felt about not only me but my people as well. What there was once between us can never be again."

She was gone after that. He was left to mull over her words with worsening pain thirst and hunger. He was shocked he was angry. And yet he felt that she had every right to do this to him.

'Am I her slave?' he wondered.