Chapter 6

Authors note: my readers are awesome. Anyone who takes time to tell a writer their enjoyment of the story and tell of their suprises tears and happiness involved in reading a story are awesome. Even if it is to vote or follow and sometimes just to read it means a lot guys which is why I say it so much.

Disclaimer everything you recognize isn't mine it is jrr Tolkien and.Peter Jackson's. ( I keep forgetting these)

Pulling the cats tail

Wary traveler beware

In the dusk of dark and light

Don't get caught in the stare

Of a leopard shining bright

Luxurious spotted fur

Primal instincts at the core

Inside primal fear stirs

as you are caught all the more

Pale golden feline eyes

stare into the soul

seeing through your lies

And all you think you know

No place to run

No where to hide

under the earths sun

it is you it will find

Do not pull the leopards tail

Do not wake the beast

For it is you that will fail

When its on your flesh she will feast

— Amsuet © (my own poem)

A week became a month and still the woman didn't break. He came often to her cell niether of them had anything else to speak of. What was said was said. She held up resilently against dehydration and starvation.

She rarely ever deemed him worthy of a glance. Unless it was to shoot him with dangerous pale golden green eyes as he left. He at times drew here after staring at her in the cage. It was much like looking at a caged wild thing that you couldn't help but desire to reach out and touch.

'It was without a doubt you wouldn't return with your arm intact.'

She was a beautiful wild thing. He could respect her for that. She was true to her nature. That was something he could respect. Though it didn't sit well with him.

**************★**************

As the summer turned to fall she lost hope of getting out. Until the forest whispered to her something new had entered it. She could sense the forest outside though she was deep in the elven caverns. She knew these creatures were no elf. They smelled of the deep and rank earth.

'Dwarves prehaps'

She smiled widely when the elves brought in the creatures late that evening. She stared in fascination at the things. She dared to get close to the bars.

A conversation wit the dwarf dominous and the elf king was heard distantly. She chuckled at the dwarf getting under the kings skin with talk of dragon fire. The dwarf leader was thrown into the cells. She ignored what talk was said from then on.

A feast was held and she scoffed at the kings arrogance. He should have welcomed these guests by inviting them to such a gathering. The she elf came down. Why did she linger here? The she elf talked with the young dark haired dwarf. It was a nice moment to witness. When the she elf turned to leave she stopped at her cell.

She leaned back seeing her searching gaze. The she elf drew closer and she readied herself for the torture to come. The female studied her and then leaned in closer and she lunged toward bars growling and snarling.

Fear filled the startled elfs eyes. She left with a healthy respect for her. She was glad to see it. She sensed something though. Lingering in the shadows some unseen thing. Not evil but no predator liked an unseen enemy.

'Soon I will find an escape and when I do woe be to ye that I find deserving of my wrath.'

The dwarves were silent. They saw the eyes glowing animalisticly from the shadows of her cell. They knew enough to fear her. As they should.