Chapter 9

Authors note: So I have done some research and things like that and have decided to make the story not skip over the great battle. They will be apart of the battle. Something hilarious is in store for.Thranduil. Well he would think it ghastly but hopefully everybody else will think its ironically funny. He will be hunting for this hidden people but a surprise is in for him.

Leopard facts: Know to be most active at dawn and dusk. Are noted for their curious nature's. A leopard has followed people on their travels during the twilight hours all the way home or all the way to work. They didn't attack though and were simply curious. Strange and intriguing.

The wild hunt. . .

After the days passed and showed no sign of orcs the order for the gate remaining closed was lifted. Thranduil was the first out the door and into the wood. He and five of his best hunters. He would find where his pets den was.

He found the deer carcasses and the bloody paw prints. The tracks weren't as well hidden as last time. Perhaps it was because most of her journey was near the river where the orcs and dwarves battled near.

He took his time in following the tracks. She backtracked regularly and always found different way of moving. Weither it was swimming, aboreol travel, ground, or she stuck to rock. She made it a hard task to track her. Though she was more careless this time.

Did she want to flee so badly? Did she want to get home so carelessly? Did she fear orcs so greatly? He didn't know. He did know she had no fear of him and his kind. And that fact made a Vein in his forehead tremble.

They eventually found her tracks heading out of Mirkwood into the wide but narrow vast north plains that bordered his realm to the north. He saw the dragon mountains before him. How long had it been since he had seen this place? How long had it been since he received the scar upon his face?

He swallowed his primal fear of this place and pushed on. He noted at the pool beneath the water fall were a group of children. Barely dicrenable. He smiled children unattended was a boon to his mission.

'Lets see if curiosity can kill the cat'

**************★**************

She motivated them to move quickly. She felt the time to move was nigh. They were all busy packing and she felt something odd. A tingle down her spine the flush of gooseflesh upon her skin. Then the soft call of a cub in distress.

She growled a.warning and was already shifted with warriors heading to the forests edge. There they took the frontal attack and she went in for the ambush. Taking the roads high into the trees.

The tigers and lions surrounded the elf who held the little cub. Her niece. Her rage was full to bursting. She lined herself up for the attack until she saw the group below surrounded by elves a few levels down in the trees. Arrows drawn the cub was in a now desperate situation.

Her cat could do nothing. She shifted and positioned herself anew. Right above the elf king she despised. She fliped down and landed behind him her blade at his neck.

"Tell me something foolish king are you touched in the head? My rage at your treatment was barely quenched with the slaughter of your paultry deer and horses. Why would you come to incite my wrath again?" she drawled into his ear.

"You will know my wrath as well. Poaching in my wood and escaping my dungeons." he said still so arrogant.

"Let my niece go and I shall call my men off and you will call yours off. Then we shall take counsel together and see what we may do to end this discontent between us." She pressed the blade sharply into his neck. "Or we can end this now. I promise you will die before the rest will." she promised.

The long moment of silence was loud to her. A distant smell or possible sound. Something besides the elves coming here was wrong. Some foul thing was lingering near by. Twas not the great spiders. It was not orcs. What was it that moved through the underground tunnles that expanded from the mountain toward the distant foothills of Erebor.

"Very well. . ." she removes the sager once all had put there's down. She was handed the cub who she cradled to her chest. She purred comforting it.

"Come foolish king. . . break your fast with me." she said motioning them toward the village which was now deserted.

"What food is there to break a fast here." he asked tightly.

"Oh only the finest of meat the best Mirkwood can offer. Or what we can poach rather. We shall feast of the Kings very own venison. Does that please your pallette?" she called over her shoulder.

Chuckles followed and the murderous glare of a king. She smiled at her sharp wit. Was it her or did a vein seem to pop out more than normal upon his Forhead?